ispjs

Found The Coach

Search is over I think.  Went with a 2017 Newmar Ventana 4369.  The boss was pretty happy and I have to admit I didn't want the test drive to end.....

Congratulations!  We purchased ours in August and have driven it almost 2500 trouble free miles. Just returned today from the Davis Mountains and Big Bend National Park where the wind howls this time of year. I drove 398 miles one day with a 20-30 mph with gusts to 45 mph. The Comfort Steer made the day a breeze - pun intended. 

11 hours ago, BillAdams said:

New or used?

We went with new:  https://www.northtrailrv.com/inventory/search/stocknumber/9907?make=4&model=0&used=0&vehtype=3&year=0

I swore when this search began I would not buy a new coach.  However, when it came right down to the quality and what we found available in a floor plan we wanted I made a stab at it.  With a reduction of almost 20% from MSRP plus them allowing me well above high retail value for my trade I just dove in.

10 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

Congratulations!  We purchased ours in August and have driven it almost 2500 trouble free miles. Just returned today from the Davis Mountains and Big Bend National Park where the wind howls this time of year. I drove 398 miles one day with a 20-30 mph with gusts to 45 mph. The Comfort Steer made the day a breeze - pun intended. 

Thanks Jim, glad to hear you are happy with your 4369.  During our search I had only driven a couple DP models.  They were both pretty nice, one drove "okay" and one needed a front end alignment or additional work that worried us a little.  

Yesterdays test drive was only about 20 miles over a combination of routes but I wanted to just keep going!  It was a little windy and raining but none of that mattered because it was a dream to drive and ultra smooth and quiet.  Of course we are moving from a V-10 gasser so my Harley is quiet compared to it sometimes.   We won't be taking delivery for almost 2 weeks, plus we are staying in SW Florida for the winter months, but I've already told the boss we are taking a weekend trip right away.  Heck, I don't care if we just drive north and find a Walmart to camp in overnight!

Unfortunately for the other manufacturers, we drove the Newmar first. I was tremendously disappointed in both the quality and workmanship in the Fleetwood line-up. I drove Fleetwood, Thor, Winnebago and Tiffin. All in the 40-45 foot range with tag axle and there was no comparison. The XC Chassis with V-ride suspension and the steerable tag axle made a noticeable difference in body lean. I paid special attention to body lean yesterday as my wife was driving at 50 mph around some curves in the Big Bend area, there was no lean to the coach. The place mats never moved on the table. 

You're going to love the ride and drive of this coach.

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Jim.  I take it you were not in the 45mph part of the park?!  :huh:

Two things I'll point out, Carl.

First, "she"  was driving.:wub:

Second, we were in the Big Bend "area" between Study Butte and Alpine where the speed limit is 70+ mph most places. :D

There is too much beauty to drive faster than 45 mph while in the park, plus, there are a few dips than can be interesting even at that speed. :rolleyes:

Jim.  Your right about the dips, I hit some of them going south from Alpine...so did 3 other coaches & I swear one coach hit the break while airborne! :rolleyes:  I now know where to go 40 or less!

Joe.  Don't sugar coat it, just say 44'....actually if you tape it, you'll probably come in at 45'!  The chassis is 43', then you have the front and rear cap!  :D

It would to me and Linda...would probably go to Bed, Bath & Beyond daily, making a wish list. :D  New bed has got to have new bedding! :lol:  When I got moved out of Allegro bus, I had all kinds off empty cabinets and bays....I went to BB&B ! :P No Wall Mart for this boy.

Still 12 days to go before delivery.  DW has already bought the jumbo vac storage bag for all the OEM bedding.  That will be sealed and placed in our storage locker.  I'm lucky that she really likes our colors on our S&B king bed because that is what she wants in the new coach.  

We were really dreading this upcoming week of trying to sell furniture and then moving unsold stuff to our storage locker.  The young couple buying our home came by yesterday and looked all of our furniture over.  Except for 2 or 3 pieces they are buying everything!  How did I get sooooooo lucky?

House closing got moved up to this Friday, so I made a couple calls trying to get our coach delivery moved to the next day, Saturday.  Haven't heard back so we still may have to suffer through next weekend and take delivery on Monday.  

Oh well, it is easy to keep my mind off of it cause we are busting our butts packing and moving stuff.

Moving.

Good Luck Joe!  It will all pass and by next week or (Hope not) month, it will all be behind you and then you can find something else to stress out about ! :lol: Where you live, I would take a cruise for a week....let everyone else stress! :lol::rolleyes:

5 hours ago, ISPJS said:

House closing got moved up to this Friday, so I made a couple calls trying to get our coach delivery moved to the next day, Saturday.  Haven't heard back so we still may have to suffer through next weekend and take delivery on Monday.  

Oh well, it is easy to keep my mind off of it cause we are busting our butts packing and moving stuff.

Usually you have a time period after the closing to vacate. I would talk to your real estate agent. You may have more time than you think or have them write a week into the deal.

Bill

11 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Usually you have a time period after the closing to vacate. I would talk to your real estate agent. You may have more time than you think or have them write a week into the deal.

Bill

No time after closing Friday to vacate.  Possession is immediate for the young couple buying our home.  Since they are buying all of our furniture, except my 60" TV and one chair, we only have personal items and clothing to move.  It is still a lot of "stuff" to pack and move, especially when each load is being transported in a Mini Cooper.  Have a small moving truck reserved for Thursday with a 12' box so we can take the final load to storage.  Next week may be early cocktails in the CG pool every day!

You still have your old coach right? 

It might be a good idea to rent a pickup for the time you need it most rental company's have a couple, saves the wear and tear on the cooper and you.;)

Bill