ispjs

Found The Coach

We do still have the old coach, it is set up on a super site about 10 miles from our house.  We will only be in it for about 2 days/nights or so before being in the new one.  Got a buddy coming by tomorrow with his pickup to help me haul some larger stuff out to our camp site.  We will get er done, some gets thrown out, some gets taken to CG, some goes to storage, some goes on garage sale........won't be long now.

Been in the new coach for almost 2 months now.  Only made one weekend trip (150 miles) so far.  Overall the workmanship and quality of this Newmar has not disappointed me.  Not that there haven't been a few minor issues but I was expecting that due to the fact it was a new RV.

So far I have been able to avoid taking it back to North Trail.  The five minor issues have been:

1)  washer malfunctioned after just a few loads.  Factory tech did house call and it worked fine.  He claimed it was "user error".

2)  chrome trim piece came off above left headlamp.  Thick 2"x14" piece of chromed metal was never formed correctly.  I cleaned all the old 3m tape off, formed it 

correctly, and re-installed.

3)  this week started getting small amount of water from under shower pan.  Finally determined it was from defective silicone job when installing waterless trap.  I removed

old silicone and replaced with new, problem solved.

4)  entrance door has to be slammed really hard to close tight.  I have made a couple minor adjustments and am still working on this issue.  This could be the one adjustment

that forces me to take it back to North Trail.  Haven't given up yet though.

5)  equipped with 3 door frig (bottom freezer).  Noticed some minor ice build up under the freezer compartment.  Got it removed and waiting to see if it comes back.

Could have been there since delivery, or we could have a bad freezer seal, waiting to see if we will need a Whirlpool factory tech to pay us a visit.

Even though I am less than 10 miles from North Trail (selling dealer) I refuse to keep making appointments and taking the coach in for stuff that I can fix myself.  Since we are full time and will be traveling constantly after leaving Florida I certainly don't want to be always searching for a Newmar dealership to fix small stuff or make adjustments.

So far there is absolutely no "buyers remorse" here!  We love our Ventana.

Joe.  I take it you have a warranty?!  Take the coach out for a 300-500 mile shake down trip & write down anything that happens...Every coach has gremlins and your better off in the long run, by finding them now, before they become big gremlins! :o

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:31 AM, manholt said:

Joe.  I take it you have a warranty?!  Take the coach out for a 300-500 mile shake down trip & write down anything that happens...Every coach has gremlins and your better off in the long run, by finding them now, before they become big gremlins! :o

We have the factory warranty for another 10 months.  We also have a secondary warranty that extends out to 5 years.  We have only done one weekend trip.  Probably once I get everything finished on the trailer we will take off again.  To be honest I'm thinking of just picking a good Walmart about 200 miles away and spending an overnight there.  I can get a feel for a little dry camping and battery usage plus burn some more diesel and DEF.

14 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

Whirlpool most likely.

It is a Whirlpool.  When I looked last night there is a little more ice forming at the front bottom of the lower freezer compartment again.  The book said something about a drain pan but there isn't one under the freezer.  If there was suppose to be one under the freezer drawer then it would certainly have to be about 1/2" tall for the drawer to clear it.  The bottom rubber seal on the freezer door looks to me like it is hanging down, so right now my bet is on this seal is not attached correctly.  

To be honest I would rather drive down to the next exit and have a salesman put me inside another Ventana so I can examine that freezer seal.  If my seal is coming off I would rather re-attach it myself.  The DW will probably start getting upset with me and my resistance to have the dealer fix this stuff.

Joe,

Most fridges have what they refer to as a drain pan. Most are not removable. They sit right under the compressor and are supposed to catch an moister in the pan and the heat from the compressor will evaporate the collected moisture.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the seal. Most of our DWs would like for us to get an issue solved asap. However when my DW see the estimate and she knows I can fix it she forgets the dealer. It seems that now a days , dealers will bill you for just driving into their lots.

I do know my limitations and that is where I leave it to the Professionals.

Herman     

I'm heading down to North Trail this morning.  My plan is to get inside another new coach and inspect that seal.  If mine is hanging down and not fitted right then I'll have to decide if I should break out some double sided 3m tape or see about having a Whirlpool tech pay us a visit.   I may also sneak back into the work bay area and snag a tech for some free advise.  This entrance door is driving me nuts because I have to really slam it in order for it to close tight.  I am out of ideas on ways to adjust it.  

Herman, I may not share with the DW that I'm still convinced I can fix the entrance door.