daffy

Performance Chip For 2007 Workhorse 8.1L

I have a 2007 GMC Fleetwood Pace Arrow 36D.  The engine is an 8.1L and the tranny is an Allison 2100. I don't get the greatest gas mileage around 7 if lucky, I am wanting to tow a small car and want to know about possibly adding a chip to improve gas mileage and some horsepower.

There are so many different ones out there and I don't even know where to start. I am a little skeptical on "if they really work"  and :how safe they are". 

Any help on what to do will be very appreciated  ..... Thanks

That isn't that bad of gas mileage. You won't loose much towing. 

I would talk to Bully Dog and see if they have a application for you. Make shure they know it is for a motorhome not a pickup. Let us know what you find out.

Bill

There is more than boosting HP on a coach....first you need to call Allison Tech Department and find out if a HP increase would be compatible.  Also, HP alone will not increase torque, your 8.1L and Allison 2100 is matched for your weight and tow capabilities.  MPG can be tweaked by having your coach weight and proper air pressure in your tiers along with, front end alignment, camber and toe.   Driving habit, gear shifting for max torque on hills also have an affect on mpg!

19 hours ago, daffy said:

I have a 2007 GMC Fleetwood Pace Arrow 36D.  The engine is an 8.1L and the tranny is an Allison 2100. I don't get the greatest gas mileage around 7 if lucky, I am wanting to tow a small car and want to know about possibly adding a chip to improve gas mileage and some horsepower.

There are so many different ones out there and I don't even know where to start. I am a little skeptical on "if they really work"  and :how safe they are". 

Any help on what to do will be very appreciated  ..... Thanks

Daffy, Just for your information, I have an 8.1 L in a 3.4 ton Chevy Sub. Lucky to get 13 MPG (at 65 to 70) with it on the open road and no trailer or load. The unit is set up to tow 14,000 plus the 7,000 unloaded weight.. Stop and go and the MPG is maybe 8 to 9.  Gearing, how heavy the foot, weather and grad can beat up MPG. 

As a side note at 55 to 60 MPH  the Sub. will tickle 15 MPG. But it cruises along real nice at 65 to 70 = Use all the ponies and one must buy the Oats.

Rich.

Manholt

I wish I had that a 425 Cummins in my coach, I wouldn't  have anything to talk about. :D

Good advise on talking with someone with Allison. Sometimes that is hard to do ...will try it   Thanks