Sign in to follow this  
prinaldi@uccs.edu

How do I get an electrical schematic for a Monaco 2000 Windsor?

How do I get a schematic for my 2000 Windsor? I have a guy to fix the problem - we have a short that is not allowing the batteries to give power to the generator - not the first time I've had electrical issues with this coach. My guy called Monaco which is when I found out no one is answering the phone and they had laid everyone off. Any ideas? Going to Moab in the summer and AC would be nice.

Thanks for any replies.

We have a 2004 Monaco Windsor. I don't have any answers for you. I assume you have consulted the manual and can't find enough information there to be helpful. I'll be watching the ideas that come in on this one because I'm sure to have a similar question, just a matter of time. One suggestion might be to contact a Monaco dealer and see if they have an inside number that might get you through to the last lone technician on the job at Monaco. Otherwise, I would guess that the answer might be to go to a dealer who has had experience with Monaco coaches and can diagnose the problem from his experience.

I was able to get Monaco parts from a dealer recently. They had battery cut-off relays in stock. So some parts are still out there in the system. Since the cut-off relays have failed for me fairly frequently I got two. That should last me for four or five years.

Check out my recent posting under Class A Motorhomes. A Monaco press release indicates they have found a buyer. They might be back in business in the not too distant future. Who knows how long it will take to get everybody back on the job - or even if everybody will be back. Anyway there is hope.

Thanks for the replies. I understand about the battery cut-off and we will stock up. In my coach the switch is by the door and gets hit accidently. This causes us to have to replace it. 3 times in the last 7 years. Thanks, didn't think about that one.

I've been reading about the battery cut-off switch which some are calling the Salesman's Switch. The nickname comes from the fact that there is a battery cut-off switch in the power panel near the battery compartment. You have to have a key to get into that compartment. So, Monaco installed a switch by the door so a salesman showing the coach to a prospective customer could walk in the door and turn on the battery power with a flick of the switch by the door. The bottom line on this is that the savvy users are simply bypassing the relay by connecting the two large cables on either side of the relay. This effectively makes the switch by the door inoperative and you would have to cut off battery power at the panel in the rear near the batteries. Why buy a relay that is not needed? Simply bypass it with a loop of heavy wire or remove the relay entirely and connect the two wires together directly.