kaypsmith

Halloween Carnival

This is Tannehill State campground near Bessemer Alabama.For the last 26 years we have had a Halloween Carnival, over 400 campsites, over 300 decorated for halloween. The last 9 years there have been prizes awarded to the best overall, most iminagitive, best lights, and best animation.  We won best animation this year.

20171026_182058.jpg

20171023_203951.jpg

Kay.

Congratulations, you made some kids & grown up kids, happy, I'm sure!:wub: If your coach is in there, I must have missed it...:lol:

Joe, took my son in law 4 weeks to finish decorating, 1.5 days to take down. The campground had 2 women that attempted to manage the CG for 1.5 years, finally replaced them and it is becoming normal again. Lots of history within the borders.

2 hours ago, kaypsmith said:

Joe, took my son in law 4 weeks to finish decorating, 1.5 days to take down. The campground had 2 women that attempted to manage the CG for 1.5 years, finally replaced them and it is becoming normal again. Lots of history within the borders.

:o

Great job on decorating.

That is starting to look like some of the areas down hearer when the Christmas decorations are up. There are areas people pay to drive through to look at the decorations.:o

I had to laugh at people hearer taking down Halloween decorations and putting up Christmas decorations. One place has a blow up turkey in the middle as a nod towards Thanksgiving. Kind of smart, after turkey day just unplug the turkey and you are ready for Christmas.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=interlochen+lights+display%2c+arlington+texas&qpvt=Interlochen+Lights+Display%2c+Arlington+Texas&FORM=VDRE

This is a link to a bunch of light displays.:P

Bill

Bill, a few years ago I won the Lions Club holiday light contest in our town, our house looked just like those in the attachment. I even have a music system out side and the house blinked to the Christmas music on a light program that ran off of computer. I have a panel in the garage with two timers that feeds 24 outlets and would fill all of them up for feeds to the yard which split off also. Haven't decorated for at least 5-7 years now and as with lights like that I'd bet most don't work just because they sat for so long. The weather is too wet and warm in December anymore and since we have so many farm the wind is unbelievable, kept knocking stuff over and beating it up.

Our garage attic is full of decorations and its a 30x28 garage :lol:....Ill have to dig up some photos. Never decorated for Thanksgiving, tried Halloween twice, that sparked the DW to buy more decorations, stopped decorating after that :wacko: 

Joe.  The trick is, if your home for Christmas...you decorate.  I used to use a commercial firm, they put it up and took it down, $1,200 per year.  Now, I'm mostly gone (up to last year, with Linda I may go back to a commercial firm) and decorated the coach instead. :):rolleyes: