geebee

My First Experience With SafeRide

Have been signed up with SafeRide for two years. 

Last Friday, 10-27-17, locked myself out of our MH.  Called SafeRide and was told they did not provide lockout assistance for MH's, only travel trailers. 

When asked what was the difference between MH and TT locks, the answer was their people did not have the tools for MH's.

HUH????

Tried to call SafeRide customer service today.  Got leave message and they would call back in 24 hours.

SafeRide has verified that this was a mistake:

We looked into the event where a customer was told he would not be covered for a lockout service. The dispatcher selected the lockout was for a door style door instead of vehicle lockout. This was a human error and the dispatcher has been coached on this. The service for a lockout is covered for their RV or their other family vehicles. I apologize for the mistake – that should not have happened. 

Please note that lockout assistance is truly part of the coverage plan. 

Thank you kristarose for your intervention.  I have received full reimbursement for the locksmith charge.  I have renewed my contract with SafeRide at the great price FMCA has negotiated.  WAY TO GO FMCA!!!!!!

No GS is not infalable, was let twice and most know that three strikes your out, well quess what, GS is now completely out of my life.

Recent experience with FMCA Roadside Rescue aka Safe Ride RV Club was a bust. Follow up to understand why they did not secure service - that has been a bust also. State police and help from a friend traveling with us used his roadside service to address a blow out. 

Called Roadside this AM to tow my f 350. I have a motor coach on the plan and the truck should fall under other covered  vehicles. They said the f 350 was to heavy and it would cost $238 to have it towed. Called Roadside customer service they said that they will tow a f150 or f250 but not a f350 dulley because it is a heavy duty truck. I reviewed the Roadside contract and the Q&A section on FMAC web site, it said nothing about f350. It did exclude trucks over 16K lbs. The f350 is about 6K lbs. I called FMCA and they agreed with me and said they would look into it. Good thing I'm not sitting on the interstate waiting for help. Next call is to Roadside to find out how to cancel a get refund on remaining term.

4 hours ago, ehowie said:

Called Roadside this AM to tow my f 350. I have a motor coach on the plan and the truck should fall under other covered  vehicles. They said the f 350 was to heavy and it would cost $238 to have it towed. Called Roadside customer service they said that they will tow a f150 or f250 but not a f350 dulley because it is a heavy duty truck. I reviewed the Roadside contract and the Q&A section on FMAC web site, it said nothing about f350. It did exclude trucks over 16K lbs. The f350 is about 6K lbs. I called FMCA and they agreed with me and said they would look into it. Good thing I'm not sitting on the interstate waiting for help. Next call is to Roadside to find out how to cancel a get refund on remaining term.

Your F350 is a class 3 truck according to this chart. This website states it is classed as a medium-duty truck. Ask them to email you proof it is a heavy duty truck.(class 7 or 8)

I called SafeRide on a Saturday morning in June. We had tried to leave the campground and the RV would not go out of park. Turned it off then would not restart. Called Safe Ride for assistance and I used the dedicated number. I gave them the information on what had happened and where we were. That was in pigeon Forge, Tennessee so it's not like we were in the middle of nowhere. They called back and said that they tried 3 service providers and no one answered and I was then instructed to find my own assistance. Really!?!? I did and got my own help. I'm not sure what I'm paying for but it certainly wasn't help. I called later and asked for the form to fill out to get reimbursed. That was emailed to me and I filled it out. I was just reimbursed for the service call. I'm not sure but I think I need to bill them for my time in finding my own help!!!!

On 12/11/2017 at 2:17 PM, dservati1 said:

Thinking about signing up for Roadside Assistance and switching from GoodSam .. but this post and another has me concerned. 

I insure with Geico and utilize their road-side service. Used it twice over the years and found it to be average with the industry. We use Geico for all our insurance needs so I think we may have a little extra "pull" when we have any needs/claims...