BillAdams

Connect On The Go - Round 2

What's up with this post on RVillage?

FMCA National Office: We’ve got big news for you on Wednesday, 11/8. Be sure to check our social media and FMCA.com this week.

Hint: Connect On the Go - Round 2.

I hear it will be a new exclusive Cellular plan with a hotspot for FMCA members. You may remember a failed plan earlier this year that was too good to be true.

Hey Jim and Chris!  Good to hear from you!  Sure miss having a great dinner in FL!  We are in Brick, NJ these days but hope to be on the road again soon before the snow starts flying!  Of course they could send us back to MI so I had better be careful what I wish for.

Round 2 of the cellular service............ Tomorrow should be quite interesting.  Do we jump in and get burnt again like some of the previous offers that have come and gone or do we sit on the sideline to see what happens?  What to do, what to do......

33 minutes ago, manholt said:

sr4au1.  Welcome to the Forum!

Today is the day....log in on main FMCA page, after 9am! 

Thank you, is this 9AM Eastern time

Could someone detail out the benefits (costs)?  Since I am not a member I can't even look.  To me that sounds like a mistake if FMCA is trying to get new members as they will not be able to see what the benefit is to make a decision to join.

After Adding it to my cart, and clicking Continue, I pick my plan (no choice, just the $49.99 plan) and click continue and I get an HTTP 500 error.

The page you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable or the page may no longer exist.

Is it full already?????

49 minutes ago, starneml said:

After Adding it to my cart, and clicking Continue, I pick my plan (no choice, just the $49.99 plan) and click continue and I get an HTTP 500 error.

The page you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable or the page may no longer exist.

Is it full already?????

Are you on Verizon's portal when getting that error? I know they were having some issues due to high page usage. Try again in a few minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience.

FYI- There is no limit to how many FMCA members sign up for the plan. Every member can do it.

I cannot access any of the pages listed in the links.  It just keeps saying that your membership has expired and offers a link to renew my membership.  I have tried many routes but nothing works.

Would not renew!

Herman, he used that as a treat, on numerous occasions....then he did it ! :P  Sometimes you got to pay, to play! :o

I and Linda, did the opposite....we both paid 5 years, best deal. :lol: 

Are you paying any attention at all?  My membership is expired so let''s consider me to be NOT an FMCA member but I hear about this great new benefit from FMCA.  I come to the website to see what this great new benefit is and I find out that I cannot see what the benefit is unless I first join FMCA.  Does that make any sense to you?  I am concerned that it does make sense to you and this might be one of the reasons that FMCA is headed in the direction that they are.

As an aside, you are also mistaken that I said I would not renew my membership.  I said that I would not renew my membership if FMCA continued on their current plan and if they dropped the requirement that to be a member of the Family MOTOR COACH Assn you needed to own a MOTOR COACH.

34 minutes ago, manholt said:

Herman, he used that as a treat, on numerous occasions....then he did it ! :P  Sometimes you got to pay, to play! :o

I and Linda, did the opposite....we both paid 5 years, best deal. :lol: 

A treat?  Did you mean a threat?  I can't threaten a huge corporation.  I can only do what I believe to be right for me.  I joined FMCA in 1994 with an F number of 192XXX and have been a faithful member ever since until recently.  FMCA is not currently offering anything to keep someone like me as a member and while I understand that it is your hope that I simply go away quietly into the night, I may be the perfect example of why FMCA is in it's current financial crisis.  So, you can laugh at me with your faulty grammar or you can pay just the tiniest bit of attention to those of us who find no value in the various benefits offered to the 70+ oldies.  The only thing I have ever wanted from this group and the FMCA magazine was information about motor homes, accessories for motor homes, motor home dealers, new offerings for motor home owners and things related to folks who own motor homes.  That, to me, does not seem to be unreasonable.

OK, this thread is stepping over the line!  Personal attacks are NOT permitted.

Bill has made a valid point about a non-FMCA member being able to view the offer.  I have asked him (PM) to get with Chris Smith tomorrow to help figure out why he is not able to access it, yet Chris said anyone (member and non-member) can access links to all FMCA Benefits.

So, suggest we call this one until Bill can report back.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

Bill,

So, you can not access the link I posted? 

OR

From the FMCA homepage, can not view "benefits"?

This is what I see when I click on that link.

Your membership has been expired for more than 30 days.
Please renew your membership to view this content.

Click Here to Renew Now!