BillAdams

Connect On The Go - Round 2

All-

Thank you again for your patience. Spoke to Verizon today. If you are having issues activating a device, or if you have successfully activated a device, please PM me. Share your mifi phone number and order number from the confirmation email you received from Verizon.

If you are having issues activating or adding to your plan, call 1-800-922-0204. Have the profile id: 4273588 handy. Also mention Family Motor Coach Association, not just FMCA. If you call and say I want the FMCA deal, the rep will have no idea what offer you are talking about.

They are also working on a dedicated email address that our members can contact if they are having issues.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:03 AM, starneml said:

Just got off the phone with Verizon.. what a fiasco.

I give them the phone number on the paperwork that came with the device.

They say that the device is coming up under someone else's name. not mine and they can't help me. (and or course, they cant tell me who :)

They suggested taking it to a corporate Verizon store to see if they can figure it out (didn't expect to need a 30 mile drive to get this working!)

I am up and running. Got a call from Lisa at Verizon.

Not sure what my problem really was (that caused it to ship out like it did)... But

I wanted this billed completely separate (I have other Verizon accounts, all separate, another MiFi and two iPads.) So I chose New CUstomer and not Existing Customer.

Once she fixed the the issue with the phone number I was assigned belonging to someone else (I now have a new number assigned to my MiFi) , I had to go back to the FMCA link and register as an existing customer using my existing MiFi as the Verizon phone number. She was then able to add the FMCA MiFi to my account as a sub account, so as not to touch the existing device.

In the end, up and running.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, smithy said:

All-

Thank you again for your patience. Spoke to Verizon today. If you are having issues activating a device, or if you have successfully activated a device, please PM me. Share your mifi phone number and order number from the confirmation email you received from Verizon.

If you are having issues activating or adding to your plan, call 1-800-922-0204. Have the profile id: 4273588 handy. Also mention Family Motor Coach Association, not just FMCA. If you call and say I want the FMCA deal, the rep will have no idea what offer you are talking about.

They are also working on a dedicated email address that our members can contact if they are having issues.

Was there any resolution for those of us (maybe only me?) who have not been able to order the Jetpack 7730L?  I've got my data plan switched to the FMCA plan, but can't get the MiFi at the $.01 price ordered online, or through the customer service number.

Ok, I have been patient waiting for the 24 to 48 hour email from Verizon. I did the "Register your line" thing Friday at 10:25 AM and now it is 10:03 AM Tuesday and still no email. Do I need to call Verizon or redo the "Register Your Line"? Maybe I did something wrong?

Billy

Yes they said 24 to 48 hours, but remember there was a week end. And I am sure they are being bombarded with request and registrations, so again please be patient, you will be taken care of.

Herman 

I have been trying to get this mifi offer attached to my existing account for over a week. 

I have spent hours on the phone with Verizon, they confirm I am registered for this offer, but they can't send me the hotspot to use it.  

The only way to order the jetpack is through the portal and the portal does not have a place to order the jetpack. 

I guess I'll just write this off as a wasted effort.  I'm not happy FMCA scammed me out of 2 years dues.  Funny how there was no problem with that.

West,

I am sorry that you feel that way. I can assure you the FMCA is in no way trying to SCAM you. They are doing their dead level best to accommodate each and every member that is looking to take advantage of a very nice benefit. Have you contacted Cincinnati at 513-474-3622 and asked for help. There are some really nice folks that are more than willing to move mountains to help each and every member.

Herman   

Herman.  I agree with your thought, but when it seems that Verizon don't have their Ducks in a row....all the movement in the world, ain't going to work!  So, why can't we get Verizon on board?  That's the issue here!  So far, there hasn't been very many concrete answers....Just, "we are working on it"!

Westwill3 is a F#, not GB or EB or Smithy....darn tooting I would be frustrated, after reading smithy's own comment, about him getting his, with only a buck added on for Tax!  Herman, how would you react, if you was new, to FMCA and did not hold any office, but got nothing but catch-22?

I did receive my e-mail from Verizon and here is a copy of the e-mail.

Congratulations!
The wireless account associated with your mobile telephone number has been
registered for a discount program. Discounts apply to the monthly access fee on
eligible plans and features (restrictions apply to prepaid, already discounted or
promotional plans). Please allow 1 to 2 billing cycles for any discount updates to
appear on your monthly bill.  If you have any questions, please call 1.800.890.8007

OK,

I think I am on the way. I wanted to have the FMCA Plan seperate from my 20GB Plan that I allready have thru Verizon, but it looks like I had to replace the old plan with the new which is fine as I planned to discontinue the old plan once I had the new one up and running and tested.

Seems I did not need to be waiting for the Verizon email and just log into my Verizon account and upgrade my old AC791L to the Mifi 7730L. Upgrade confirmed and will be delivered on Tuesday the 21st, then I will call the (800) 922-0204 and change the plan to the 11454.

smithy, the Verizon contact person did call me about a half hour after I had finnished my upgrade. I told him I think I had it figured out and thanked him, he said if any problems I could call him back after the 7730L arrived.

Billy

I was contacted Friday afternoon by one of the Verizon reps who supposedly was familiar with the FMCA plan.  He was unable or unwilling to send me the Jetpack at the plan price.  He told me the Jetpack for $.01 was only available to new customers, and I should go to a Verizon store and buy one at whatever price a regular mifi upgrade would cost (online it's about $95).  I am sending info on my situation to someone at FMCA who was in on the Verizon negotiations, and hopefully he can speak to someone at Verizon who would have the authority to help.

I would be very happy with this plan if I were getting the device for  the plan price.  As it is, my data plan has been switched over, and now I am under a new 2 year contract with an early termination fee of $175 to pay for a device that Verizon won't send to me.

13 hours ago, chindog said:

I was contacted Friday afternoon by one of the Verizon reps who supposedly was familiar with the FMCA plan.  He was unable or unwilling to send me the Jetpack at the plan price.  He told me the Jetpack for $.01 was only available to new customers, and I should go to a Verizon store and buy one at whatever price a regular mifi upgrade would cost (online it's about $95).  I am sending info on my situation to someone at FMCA who was in on the Verizon negotiations, and hopefully he can speak to someone at Verizon who would have the authority to help.

I would be very happy with this plan if I were getting the device for  the plan price.  As it is, my data plan has been switched over, and now I am under a new 2 year contract with an early termination fee of $175 to pay for a device that Verizon won't send to me.

We have been pushing Verizon for the past week to have your issue resolved. We have contacted them again this morning to explain your situation and get your straightened away. I apologize for the inconvenience...just know that we are working to get a resolution for you.

Thanks Smithy.  I was contacted this morning by Lisa at Verizon.  She put in an order for the Jetpack 7730L at the plan price of $.01.  It should be here in a couple of days.  I am now a happy camper!!!!!

Please note: a few of our members have reported problems with Verizon’s online ordering portal. Verizon has set up a dedicated team and is working diligently to get these issues resolved.

If you are experiencing problems registering your existing line or activating your new device for our Verizon 4G MIFI Benefit, please refer to the attached pdf document and follow the instructions to communicate your issues directly with Verizon.  Be sure to provide the Profile ID: 4273588 and OST#: 209921 when you contact Verizon.

FMCA_verizon_support.pdf

We have been customers of Verizon for many years and wish to take advantage of this program (we think.)  Question we have pertains to what happens if one of us is away from the mifi in the motor home say 5 miles away and need to use "Google" to search for a store/directions.  Will our Iphones still have data services?  It would seem so, but I am still awaiting answers from Verizon.  The lovely lady at FMCA suggested we would not have data services under this plan for our Iphones unless we were close enough to the mifi to have our phones log in on that device.  Does anyone who has this new service from Verizon have any expereince using a smart phone while away from the Mifi i.e. does it still work on lte as part of the unlimited data package.  We have 3 phones and 1 mini IPad that we would like to continue using, often while some distnace from the mifi.  Thanks for any help.  Paul

Is the I-phones and the mini I pad on a Verizon plan, or are you using another service? The Mifi is a wireless router which you can actually with you, in a purse or pocket or even in a case that one could wear on the belt. I works just like any home router except that it receives over the air with the cell phone service. So in answer to your question no you can not be five miles away and expect to use the mifi. But if you already have data service for your Mac devices, and do not disconnect from that service, then you will still have service from that source.

2 hours ago, sundancev said:

We have been customers of Verizon for many years and wish to take advantage of this program (we think.)  Question we have pertains to what happens if one of us is away from the mifi in the motor home say 5 miles away and need to use "Google" to search for a store/directions.  Will our Iphones still have data services?  It would seem so, but I am still awaiting answers from Verizon.  The lovely lady at FMCA suggested we would not have data services under this plan for our Iphones unless we were close enough to the mifi to have our phones log in on that device.  Does anyone who has this new service from Verizon have any expereince using a smart phone while away from the Mifi i.e. does it still work on lte as part of the unlimited data package.  We have 3 phones and 1 mini IPad that we would like to continue using, often while some distnace from the mifi.  Thanks for any help.  Paul

This MiFi has nothing to do with your phone data.  You still need to pay for a phone data plan if you plan to use your phones when you are away from the coach.  I use a very low data plan for the phone and use a MiFi (not this plan) for the majority of my surfing AND, when home, for phone data.  You must have both for your phones to work where ever you travel.

When we were full time before (2013-2014) we had the MiFi, two I-phones, and I-pad, and a couple laptops.  Verizon did not have an "unlimited" plan back then and we would use around 12 to 16 gigs easily.  When we were in the RV everything went through the MiFi, including our printer.  If we were out and about our phones could still use data from the plan, just not through the MiFi, which stayed in the RV.

I guess this is just another way of stating what has already been said?

Thanks for reply guys.  Still not at the root of my question.  I currently have a 24gb plan that can be used either through Iphones, Ipad Mini or Mifi.  I pay $110 for the data plan.  Data plan is not separately assigned to any specific device.  My question is if I change to the FMCA/Verizon Plan at $49.99, will the data plan continue to allow us to use our IPhones/mini pad while away from our Mifi.  The FMCA lady seemed to think if we went to the new FMCA/Verizon plan we would no longer be able to use our phones/mini pad for internet service unless we were close enough to connect to our MIfi.  I was hopeful of keeping everything the same except reducing my cost from $110 to $49.99 and increasing my data plan from 24GB to unlimited.  My question should have been directed to those FMCA members who are already under the new plan as they can tell me how their Iphones and other devices are treated once they are away from the mifi.  I know what I hope the answer is but wonder if the answer is in fact as hoped or as the FMCA rep suggested.  Thank you again.  Paul

The FMCA lady is correct.  The MiFi is your router, and will handle up to 15 connected devices.  You can connect to the MiFi for accessing the internet with your phones and tablets when you are within range of it, but if you go out of range you won't be able to access the internet from it.  You also won't be able to use it for voice calls, unless you are using some sort of VOIP app.  The FMCA plan is data only over the supplied MiFi, not a phone plan.