larrypennington

Check Out Our New Verizon MIFI Benefit!

2 hours ago, BillAdams said:

Still no information available to non-FMCA members.  Maybe this is a soft release and only available to existing FMCA members but you would think you would like all those folks who own a motor home but are not members to know about this new benefit.  My membership expired so for me to take advantage of this offer I have to renew from my expiration date PLUS 2 years.  Even so, I almost bit but I think I can get by with my current 4GB Verizon plan for the phones and the AT&T 22GB plan for $20/month plan for my computers.

Technomadia hasn't picked it up yet I guess ....   

I'm pretty sure you can join FMCA today, sign up for 2 or more years, and then get the Verizon deal.

I have a Verizon Jetpack that provides a WiFi as WAN link for our CradlePoint router and teams with an AT&T SIM card in its onboard LTE radio.  I'm paying a lot more than $50 for Verizon - so to me this is a great deal and since we plan to stay with FMCA for at least 2 years more so it's a no-brainer.

37 minutes ago, wajames said:

I'm pretty sure you can join FMCA today, sign up for 2 or more years, and then get the Verizon deal.

I have a Verizon Jetpack that provides a WiFi as WAN link for our CradlePoint router and teams with an AT&T SIM card in its onboard LTE radio.  I'm paying a lot more than $50 for Verizon - so to me this is a great deal and since we plan to stay with FMCA for at least 2 years more so it's a no-brainer.

Hi. Technomadia did pick the article up. It is here: https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/fmca-tries-again-new-verizon-unlimited-plan-announced/

This is a website they run.

44 minutes ago, wajames said:

Warren, since you are a current Verizon customer (as I also am), I would be very interested in how your sign up with the new FMCA plan turns out.  Please post an update if you do the sign up for the FMCA plan.

35 minutes ago, chindog said:

Warren, since you are a current Verizon customer (as I also am), I would be very interested in how your sign up with the new FMCA plan turns out.  Please post an update if you do the sign up for the FMCA plan.

Will do - no email yet

53 minutes ago, smithy said:

Hi. Technomadia did pick the article up. It is here: https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/fmca-tries-again-new-verizon-unlimited-plan-announced/

This is a website they run.

Aware of their income stream.

They analyzed the cost/benefit including costs of FMCA membership compared to other data plans.  Obviously one joins FMCA for this and many other benefits.  What a crock to sum it up as "Nice Try"

Sorry! But they missed it this time.

3 hours ago, chindog said:

Update on my situation:  I received the email from Verizon that my existing account has been registered for a discount program.  However, when I called the 800-922-0204 number to add the FMCA mobile hotspot offer to my account, the rep didn't know anything about the FMCA program, and neither did his supervisor.  I'll wait a couple of days and try again.  Maybe by then Verizon will have disseminated the plan info down to it's service reps.

I have a call with Verizon tomorrow to try and get this sorted out. Thanks for your patience.

35 minutes ago, wajames said:

Aware of their income stream.

They analyzed the cost/benefit including costs of FMCA membership compared to other data plans.  Obviously one joins FMCA for this and many other benefits.  What a crock to sum it up as "Nice Try"

Sorry! But they missed it this time.

Totally agree with your statement. Well said.

As with anything "new", there is going to be confusion and kinks to be worked out.  Since my membership in FMCA isn't due until 2024, I'll wait some, before I try....currently with Verizon!  I pay about the same amount per month for 5GB (Old plan), so I should be way ahead with this new one! :wub:

This should have been perfect timing for us.  We are closing on the house and moving aboard full time Saturday morning.  We were going to re-activate our MiFi and go unlimited on our current Verizon plan.  But then we saw this deal and thought it would be perfect......then we read all the posts and found out there was "fine print" and it wasn't so perfect.

Being a first year member (actually less than 2 months in) I don't think I am ready to start adding years to my membership just because they dangle an untested benefit out there.   Will it be like the prior mail service and be around for awhile and then get taken away?  It still seems to me that I have joined a motorhome forum that is in a transition period so I will wait and see how everything shakes out before biting on this "new deal".   

10 hours ago, smithy said:

Hi Bill. New members and past members do have access to the plan details. If you click on this link, it’s not giving you the plan details? https://www.fmca.com/benefits/verizon.html

When new members go to FMCA.com, they see a red box at the top that says “FMCA has a new Verizon mifi member benefit”. Click here to learn more. It then takes you to the page on the link above. If the person wants to join to take advantage, at the bottom it says join. It also gives the option to login if you have an account. If you already have an account, when you login the same message in quotes above should be in your member profile. 

Once you click on the learn more button, it will take you to the same page on the link above. At the bottom, instead of saying join or login, it says sign me up. Once you click on that it will check your member record to see if your membership is good for two years. 

Since the deal is only for FMCA members, and the contract is two years, the requirement is your dues need to be paid for two years out.

Let me know if you are still have issues. Sorry for the confusion.

When I click on the benefits/verizon link I get re-directed to a page that only shows this.......

Your membership has been expired for more than 30 days.
Please renew your membership to view this content.

Click Here to Renew Now!

1 hour ago, BillAdams said:

When I click on the benefits/verizon link I get re-directed to a page that only shows this.......

Your membership has been expired for more than 30 days.
Please renew your membership to view this content.

Click Here to Renew Now!

We are looking into it now. Will let you know when fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

1 hour ago, ISPJS said:

This should have been perfect timing for us.  We are closing on the house and moving aboard full time Saturday morning.  We were going to re-activate our MiFi and go unlimited on our current Verizon plan.  But then we saw this deal and thought it would be perfect......then we read all the posts and found out there was "fine print" and it wasn't so perfect.

Being a first year member (actually less than 2 months in) I don't think I am ready to start adding years to my membership just because they dangle an untested benefit out there.   Will it be like the prior mail service and be around for awhile and then get taken away?  It still seems to me that I have joined a motorhome forum that is in a transition period so I will wait and see how everything shakes out before biting on this "new deal".   

Any data plan will have fine print. This plan will not work for all, but will be attractive for many. You get 25GB of high speed, and after that it is throttled. If you bought a 20 GB plan directly from Verizon, you would pay $120. So it is a great deal if 25GB of high speed fits your needs. You sign a two year contract directly with Verizon, so FMCA can't "take it away."

The prior mail service had been around for 30 years when it was shut down, so it wasn't something that was around for a couple years and taken away.

Hopefully we get some good reviews on the data offering and you decide to join in. 

smithy, is the plan for 25 gig per hotspot, or is it like the verizonU that was throttled after 10 gig and has been used been now upgraded to 15. I have Verizon now but would like to add the FMCA plan if I can be assured that the per hotspot clause is not there.

1 hour ago, kaypsmith said:

smithy, is the plan for 25 gig per hotspot, or is it like the verizonU that was throttled after 10 gig and has been used been now upgraded to 15. I have Verizon now but would like to add the FMCA plan if I can be assured that the per hotspot clause is not there.

Hi Kay,

It is 25 GB of high speed access, and throttled after that.

I very seldom go over 5GB a month...25GB.  Now that should be interesting!  Wonder what I need to do to blow 20GB extra? :huh::blink:

4 hours ago, manholt said:

I very seldom go over 5GB a month...25GB.  Now that should be interesting!  Wonder what I need to do to blow 20GB extra? :huh::blink:

Try streaming video in HD.:P

Kay.  I got DIRECTV, why would I want to look at a movie on my computer? :huh: I have heard that gaming takes a lot of GB's....that's also, not me! :( 

Success!   After going through the "Existing Customer - Register your line to receive discount " process the other day.  I was this afternoon able to follow the new directions:

Member calls Verizon customer service at 800 922-0204

The rep was able to change our plan to Plan ID 11454 and also able to add the Jetpack for a penny.

1 hour ago, wajames said:

Success!   After going through the "Existing Customer - Register your line to receive discount " process the other day.  I was this afternoon able to follow the new directions:

Member calls Verizon customer service at 800 922-0204

The rep was able to change our plan to Plan ID 11454 and also able to add the Jetpack for a penny.

Great news! Thanks for the update.

39 minutes ago, RAYIN said:

Talking about the small print; hows this? " gov't taxes & our surcharges could add 7%–46% to your bill."  I can't sign up anyway, haven't been a member 1 yr yet.

I ordered one. Taxes and fees on my bill shipped to Cincinnati was less than a buck per month. Main driver of your taxes and fees is where your billing address is. You can sign up today if you want. You just need to extend your membership two years out.

6 hours ago, smithy said:

I ordered one. Taxes and fees on my bill shipped to Cincinnati was less than a buck per month. Main driver of your taxes and fees is where your billing address is. You can sign up today if you want. You just need to extend your membership two years out.

So if I am in my first year of membership and have only 10 months left, in order to sign up for this Verizon deal I would have to add two full years to my membership?  Because if I just renewed now for another year I still would not have a full two years remaining.