larrypennington

Check Out Our New Verizon MIFI Benefit!

Still appears that there problems with this new roll out.  I am an existing Verizon customer, and after going through the FMCA link to the Verizon offer and filling out the multiple pages on the signup forms, I got an email from Verizon that told me my order could not be processed because I am an existing customer.  Per the info on the FMCA website, it said that existing customers should call a Verizon number, which I did.  I spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon, and they had no idea what this FMCA deal was.  The rep I spoke with was in contact with several departments, and couldn't find anyone who knew anything about it, or how to get me signed up.  So far, this is not turning out very well.

Existing Verizon customer also.  I don't get an email, just a "General Error" on submitting billing info

Edit 1 https://store.verizonwireless.com/Error?exception=BAD ORDER CALL1

Edit 2 Trying as an Existing  customer Registering device for discount goes no where either.

Edited by wajames

chindog and wajames,

I work in the Membership Dept here at FMCA, I will reach out to our contact to see why this is happening.  But first to confirm, the portal did not even allow you to complete the registration process, is that correct?  Do you recall on which page you received the error? 

Thanks.

It would be helpful if the FMCA person in charge of this program would post explicit instructions on how existing Verizon customers can sign up.  Just giving a Verizon phone number doesn't help when the Verizon people that answer the phone are clueless about the program or how to sign up for it.

What do I do if I am already a Verizon Customer on a different plan?

To receive this deal you will need to complete the online registration process first. Once you have completed the online registration you should contact Verizon with any special requests/instructions regarding combining existing plan(s) and offer(s). Verizon customer service can be reached by calling (800) 922-0204 or *611 from your mobile phone.

35 minutes ago, kristarose said:

chindog and wajames,

I work in the Membership Dept here at FMCA, I will reach out to our contact to see why this is happening.  But first to confirm, the portal did not even allow you to complete the registration process, is that correct?  Do you recall on which page you received the error? 

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, Kristarose.  In my case, I was able to complete the registration form on the Verizon website, but I got an email from Verizon that said:

Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

We have received your order; however, this transaction cannot be processed because your information already exists in our system. Please place this order as an existing customer by going to My Verizon. At this time, your credit card has not been charged and we will hold your order for 7 days from today's date. You can contact the Credit and Order Review Team at 866-338-7390 if you have any questions.

However, there is no option to place an order for the FMCA program when I log into my account.

Thank you for your feedback, chindog.  The instructions you referenced above were specifically given to us by our Verizon contact.  I have left him a voicemail and sent an email alerting him of the problem.  As soon as I am able to speak with him I will follow up with you here and will be sure to update our webpage with all details.

1 hour ago, kristarose said:

chindog and wajames,

Thanks.

"General Error" on submitting billing info page - looks like that was the last step in the order process

I suggest everyone sign up as a new account - It was sooo much easier and there is no fiscal benefit I can see to existing plans. We are keeping our phones separate from this data plan.Our phone plan is under my name and SS so I just opened this account under my spouse.

And BTW - THANKS. This is a great price/plan. Could not find anything close when searching on my own.UNLIMITED 25GB for $50 - WOOHOO

Chindog,

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.  I just spoke with our Operations contact at Verizon and I am posting the updated instructions for existing Verizon customers below, as well as instructions for those who are not currently a Verizon customer.  I'm posting them here in case others come to the forums with the same questions, but I am more than happy to work with you directly if you would like (I will send you a private message with my contact info for you to call me and we can walk through together):

What if I am an existing Verizon customer and I want to add this plan to an existing line?

• Once you have verified you are an FMCA member in good standing for 2 years or more and have verified your primary email address you will be able to proceed through the online portal and onto Verizon’s registration page.

• From here you will need to click ‘Register your Line to Receive Discount’ found in the middle box labeled ‘Existing Customers’ and fill in the requested information.

• Within 24-48 hours you will receive an email from Verizon verifying that your existing line has been registered.  Be sure to check your spam folder too.

• Upon receiving the email confirming that your line has been registered you will need to call Verizon at (800) 922-0204 to add the FMCA Mobile Hotspot offer to your existing plan.

I am not an existing Verizon customer, how do I sign up?

• Once you have verified you are an FMCA member in good standing for 2 years or more and have verified your primary email address you will be able to proceed through the online portal and onto Verizon’s registration page.

• After your membership and email address have been confirmed, you will be redirected to the Verizon site, where you can complete the sign-up process. 

• Make sure you provide Verizon the same email address you provided FMCA. If your account is found not to be associated with a FMCA Membership you will not receive the discounted price and you will be responsible for the full retail value of the plan and device.

• Once you have been taken to Verizon’s registration page, begin by clicking 'Order Here' in the 'New Customers' section.

• Upon completion of the registration you will receive a confirmation email which contains your Order Reference number. You will need this reference number should you need to contact Verizon for any questions regarding your order. Be sure to check your Spam folder.

• Within a few hours you should receive another email with the tracking number and the new line associated with your device.

• To activate your new device you can go online to verizonwireless.com/MyVerizon or call (800) 922-0204

Verify that your an FMCA member in good standing for 2 years or more! 

Mine is 342963 so I'm clear, but what about all the 18 month members we have?  This will not get us any "NEW" members!

So what do the speeds get reduced to after 25 gb?   Every offer I've ever seen for mobile internet specified that. It makes a big difference to know if it's useful at all after the 25 gb wall.

"Data speeds for usage in excess of 25GB will be reduced for the remainder of the billing period."

Hi dadesigns4u,

Upon 25GB of usage in a given billing cycle slowdown speeds will range between 70 kbps – 2.7 mbps (roughly the equivalent of 2G on the low end and 3G on the high end).  Unfortunately Verizon was not able to give us specifics as to what factors would determine who saw what slowdown speeds. Normal 4G LTE speeds will resume at the beginning of the new billing cycle.

Thanks again Kristarose for your assistance here on the forum, and over the phone.  With your help, I was able to get my existing Verizon account registered through the portal, and am now waiting for the confirmation email from Verizon.

38 minutes ago, chindog said:

Thanks again Kristarose for your assistance here on the forum, and over the phone.  With your help, I was able to get my existing Verizon account registered through the portal, and am now waiting for the confirmation email from Verizon.

Great news! Thank you for your patience.

42 minutes ago, Reelgator said:

When I try to get the link to apply at Verizon, it takes me to a FMCA page to pay for additional renewal. My membership is currently paid up until 8/19, what gives?  

Hello,

Your membership must be paid out two years from today to sign up for the benefit. Which means you need to be good through 11/8/19.

2 hours ago, manholt said:

Mine is 342963 so I'm clear, but what about all the 18 month members we have?  This will not get us any "NEW" members!

2 years into the future - like Chris said: expiration of membership no sooner than 11/8/2019 if signing up today.  And folks have to sign up/renew on the main FMCA site before trying to get the Verizon deal.  So new members have to sign up for 2 years minimum

1 hour ago, smithy said:

Hello,

Your membership must be paid out two years from today to sign up for the benefit. Which means you need to be good through 11/8/19.

I have no problem with that except I have only been a member for 11 years and I miss the paid out through 2 years by a whopping 36 days, don't like anything shoved down my throat

Update on my situation:  I received the email from Verizon that my existing account has been registered for a discount program.  However, when I called the 800-922-0204 number to add the FMCA mobile hotspot offer to my account, the rep didn't know anything about the FMCA program, and neither did his supervisor.  I'll wait a couple of days and try again.  Maybe by then Verizon will have disseminated the plan info down to it's service reps.

2 hours ago, kristarose said:

Hi dadesigns4u,

Upon 25GB of usage in a given billing cycle slowdown speeds will range between 70 kbps – 2.7 mbps (roughly the equivalent of 2G on the low end and 3G on the high end).  Unfortunately Verizon was not able to give us specifics as to what factors would determine who saw what slowdown speeds. Normal 4G LTE speeds will resume at the beginning of the new billing cycle.

No, that's DIAL UP on the low end and 2G on the high end.

Still no information available to non-FMCA members.  Maybe this is a soft release and only available to existing FMCA members but you would think you would like all those folks who own a motor home but are not members to know about this new benefit.  My membership expired so for me to take advantage of this offer I have to renew from my expiration date PLUS 2 years.  Even so, I almost bit but I think I can get by with my current 4GB Verizon plan for the phones and the AT&T 22GB plan for $20/month plan for my computers.

Seems to me (unless there's something I don't see), you can split and double your AT&T for 44GB, and still be ahead ?

2 hours ago, BillAdams said:

Still no information available to non-FMCA members.  Maybe this is a soft release and only available to existing FMCA members but you would think you would like all those folks who own a motor home but are not members to know about this new benefit.  My membership expired so for me to take advantage of this offer I have to renew from my expiration date PLUS 2 years.  Even so, I almost bit but I think I can get by with my current 4GB Verizon plan for the phones and the AT&T 22GB plan for $20/month plan for my computers.

Hi Bill. New members and past members do have access to the plan details. If you click on this link, it’s not giving you the plan details? https://www.fmca.com/benefits/verizon.html

When new members go to FMCA.com, they see a red box at the top that says “FMCA has a new Verizon mifi member benefit”. Click here to learn more. It then takes you to the page on the link above. If the person wants to join to take advantage, at the bottom it says join. It also gives the option to login if you have an account. If you already have an account, when you login the same message in quotes above should be in your member profile. 

Once you click on the learn more button, it will take you to the same page on the link above. At the bottom, instead of saying join or login, it says sign me up. Once you click on that it will check your member record to see if your membership is good for two years. 

Since the deal is only for FMCA members, and the contract is two years, the requirement is your dues need to be paid for two years out.

Let me know if you are still have issues. Sorry for the confusion.