larrypennington

Check Out Our New Verizon MIFI Benefit!

Yes only 25GB, but depending on what you are using your Plan for it can be enough. At home I have COMCAST and I just checked our usage. Aug = 27GB, Sept = 23GB, Oct = 27GB, that is with my wife who retires in two days working from home many days, NO we do not stream video and have no interest to so 25GB will work very well for us when we head south to AZ in 6 weeks if we can get this set up. Everybody has different usage levels!

BillyBarks, I think you have made the most sense over the recent posts in that not one plan is right for everyone. If it isn’t don’t get it. If it does then buy it. 

I already have the socalled Unlimited plan with Verizon, it is 22 gig now, I have upgraded to the FMCA 25 Unlimited plan, so far my usage details are still saying 22 gig. The plan that I had/have when I first signed up it was two months before I started getting the throttled messages then all of a sudden, my speed dropped to 70 kbs with a message that I had exceeded my 10 gig limit and had been throttled until my next billing cycle. I called Verizon and complained that the plan called for 22 gig before being throttled, they told me that I was only allowed 10 gig per hotspot, so I cringed and held my breath fo0r 14 days at 70 kbs on the only (1) hotspot that I have, believe me at 70 kbs you would be thankful to have the old dialup back. About two months later the 10 gig per hotspot was increased to the current 15, but the 15 limit gets here before I know it. I will now await the 15 gig to see if throttling is going to be applied to the new to me FMCA plan. Fingers crossed. Also the gotcha part of getting the .01 hotspot is limited to NEW SUBSCRIBERS, because you are probably under contract for the previous one. I just things will work towards being under the FMCA plan, it is $15.00 per month less than I was paying for 22 gig socalled unlimited. With all that said, THANKS FMCA for negotiating me a better deal.

On 11/13/2017 at 1:07 PM, smithy said:

All-

Thank you again for your patience. Spoke to Verizon today. If you are having issues activating a device, or if you have successfully activated a device, please PM me. Share your mifi phone number and order number from the confirmation email you received from Verizon.

If you are having issues activating or adding to your plan, call 1-800-922-0204. Have the profile id: 4273588 handy. Also mention Family Motor Coach Association, not just FMCA. If you call and say I want the FMCA deal, the rep will have no idea what offer you are talking about.

They are also working on a dedicated email address that our members can contact if they are having issues.

Smithy, do you know if there has been any progress on that dedicated email address that we can contact with our issues?  I'm still hanging in the wind with the activated FMCA plan on a 2 year contract, but no new Jetpack 7730L.

chindog,

I am still waiting for the email from Verizon to even start the sign-up. Started the procedure Friday at 10:00 AM and no contact yet. I sounds like you are at least a little farther along with this.

Billy

The good news about the issues with the new FMCA/Verizon plan is that it has ended the discussion about the ongoing vote to allow towables!

Today I started receiving mail from American RV, to check out the great deals they have on 2017 Fifth Wheels, by most top end brands....wonder how did they get my mailing address? 

You out there Smithy? :angry:

14 hours ago, manholt said:

Today I started receiving mail from American RV, to check out the great deals they have on 2017 Fifth Wheels, by most top end brands....wonder how did they get my mailing address? 

You out there Smithy? :angry:

We absolutely positively do not share your information with anyone.

On 11/15/2017 at 7:51 PM, smithy said:

We absolutely positively do not share your information with anyone.

Smithy, do you know if there has been any progress on that dedicated email address that we can contact with our issues? 

Thanks.

received this email today, it is related to this thread simply because of this statement:

" Please note: FMCA's Connect-On-The-Go mobile hotspot offer through Verizon is not part of FMCA Tech Connect+. Members are welcome to take advantage of both Connect-On-The-Go and FMCA Tech Connect+.' 

Here is the email:

Tech Connect Plus

Family
With FMCA, connecting on the road is easier than ever...

FMCA Tech Connect+ is a benefit package that brings travel-friendly technology offers to FMCA members. For just $49.99 per month, members gain access to a package of tech-related offers. FMCA has done the work of researching and negotiating for you, so you can spend more time doing what you love – RVing!
Technology is the future; why not take part in a benefit package that delivers it to you at a lower cost?  
Sprint

Stay Connected 

FMCA has teamed with Sprint to bring members a mobile hotspot benefit: 3G-4G LTE as a truly unlimited monthly service, plus 300MB roaming coverage per month. Other than a one-time rental fee of $39.99 for the hotspot device, access to this benefit is automatically included in the $49.99 FMCA Tech Connect+ benefit price. Please note: No contract is required. Sprint holds the right to network manage. This offer is available in the U.S. only; no international data is included in the offer.

WiFiRanger

Boost Your Signal

Improve your mobile experience
with WiFiRanger products that are designed to boost weak WiFi signal, secure public networks, and connect universally to all your devices. FMCA has teamed with WiFiRanger to bring FMCA Tech Connect+ members a 10% discount on all products. 

Cell Booster

Defeat Dead Zones

FMCA has teamed with CellBooster.us to offer FMCA Tech Connect+ members a 15% discount on all products. Defeat cellular dead-zones during cross-country trips and off-the-grid overnight stays. SureCall cellular signal boosters for RVs provide crystal-clear call quality and improved data speeds on all North American cell carriers.

Plus, there's more! 
FMCA is negotiating more tech-friendly offers for you.
You'll be notified as discounts are added to the FMCA Tech Connect+ benefit package.

Get Started Now
Active FMCA membership is required. This is an online offer only; FMCA staff is not authorized to sign up members for the plan. Members must sign up via the online portal
Please note: FMCA's Connect-On-The-Go mobile hotspot offer through Verizon is not part of FMCA Tech Connect+. Members are welcome to take advantage of both Connect-On-The-Go and FMCA Tech Connect+. 

Sounds confusing to me.

Confusing? Seemed pretty straight forward to me.  Another optional benefit that as a member one can chose to take advantage of..  or not,,,,

Although the timing of this announcement, being about a week right after the Verizon plan could cause some confusion...

Has there always been an unlimited Sprint plan available to FMCA members that I (and others) was not aware of?  A Sprint Unlimited plan (truly unlimited) would be so much better than this very limited unlimited 25GB Verizon plan with no contract that I can't see why this plan has not been heavily pushed in the past.

I just finished with Verizon and signing up. I already had 2 cell lines plus my jetpack with them and had 16 GB each month which we were always getting close to going over. I followed the directions and then spent about an hour on the phone with Verizon Customer Service. The end result is they lowered my cell phone data to 2 GB each and put me on unlimited FMCA program for $49.99 per month. The end result, providing I do not go over the data on the cell phones, is I saved $16 per month. OF course I had to pay ahead on my FMCA dues to do this but I would have done that anyway.

Although I am happy I am saving $16 per month, it is not as great a benefit as I originally thought it would be.

So, you save $16/month to get an extra 11GB/month.  Nothing wrong with that but you will need to pay very close attention to your phone usage.  I have not been able to get through a month with less than 4GB using it just for some Google Maps and basic surfing with 2 phones.

On 11/18/2017 at 6:47 PM, BillAdams said:

Has there always been an unlimited Sprint plan available to FMCA members that I (and others) was not aware of?  A Sprint Unlimited plan (truly unlimited) would be so much better than this very limited unlimited 25GB Verizon plan with no contract that I can't see why this plan has not been heavily pushed in the past.

We just launched the Sprint plan this past Wednesday. 

It will be interesting to see if this new Sprint plan roll out was any better coordinated and organized than the Verizon one.   

Then this is a very odd way to do a roll out.  It was not announced by FMCA but rather an e-mail was received by RayIN and posted above on the forum.  Was that the grand announcement?  Such hype for the limited FMCA/Verizon plan but nothing about this unlimited (if it is) Sprint plan?

I just don't get it sometimes so please excuse my confusion.

Do research Sprint's coverage vs. Verizon or AT&T to determine if the Sprint option will work for you.  Sprint has well less than 10% of the coverage area that the other 2 do.  If you are typically near major metropolitan areas, then it will likely be OK.  For us, when we look at the places we travel, we are rarely in a Sprint coverage location.  RVMobileInternet has some graphics from their Coverage app that shows this more clearly:

4G coverage.jpg

Please note: a few of our members have reported problems with Verizon’s online ordering portal. Verizon has set up a dedicated team and is working diligently to get these issues resolved.

If you are experiencing problems registering your existing line or activating your new device, please refer to the attached pdf document and follow the instructions to communicate your issues directly with Verizon.  Be sure to provide the Profile ID: 4273588 and OST#: 209921 when you contact Verizon.

FMCA_verizon_support.pdf

Hello Chris, long time since last.  Do they recognize FMCA or does one need to spell it out, when making contact?

Thanks for all the help in the past !

Carl

Hum, just disappointing.

Updated my Verizon account per the instructions provided by FMCA 11-8-2017. Verizon made changes and removed my veteran discount. I got a message that discount was applied.

I was still being charged 65.00, so this morning I talked to a Verizon rep and she said that you could only have one discount applied to the account, FMCA or Veterans (really?).

So then I questioned her, why am I being charged 65.00 instead of the FMCA cost of 49.99. She said that since I also have a phone on that account, I cant get that price. I would only get that price if I only had a hotspot.

I did give them the information here "FMCA has a new Verizon MIFI Member Benefit! CLICK HERE to learn more".

I knew I shouldn't have applied............

FYI.... I already had a plan through Verizon with a hotspot and phone. That plan started out as true unlimited data, then 22gig, then 10gig high speed, rest 600kps possible until 22gig, and then 15gig high speed, rest 600kps possible until 22gig. With that plan, I did get 15% veteran discount.

My high speed data quit at 15gig, so I haven't seen any type of change since I applied November 8th.

10 hours ago, kathylarry said:

Hum, just disappointing.

Updated my Verizon account per the instructions provided by FMCA 11-8-2017. Verizon made changes and removed my veteran discount. I got a message that discount was applied.

I was still being charged 65.00, so this morning I talked to a Verizon rep and she said that you could only have one discount applied to the account, FMCA or Veterans (really?).

So then I questioned her, why am I being charged 65.00 instead of the FMCA cost of 49.99. She said that since I also have a phone on that account, I cant get that price. I would only get that price if I only had a hotspot.

I did give them the information here "FMCA has a new Verizon MIFI Member Benefit! CLICK HERE to learn more".

I knew I shouldn't have applied............

FYI.... I already had a plan through Verizon with a hotspot and phone. That plan started out as true unlimited data, then 22gig, then 10gig high speed, rest 600kps possible until 22gig, and then 15gig high speed, rest 600kps possible until 22gig. With that plan, I did get 15% veteran discount.

My high speed data quit at 15gig, so I haven't seen any type of change since I applied November 8th.

Kathlarry- see the post above from Christopherl with instructions on how to email Verizon. They will take care of your issues.