bdersham

Condensation

Have a 2014 Itasca Ellips and am in PA for the winter. I’m experiencing condensation in the cabinets that are in the slide outs and am looking for solutions. Any suggestions are welcome. 

Welcome to the forum. Well it depends on whether you have power available. I would start with leaving the cabinets open so air can circulate if you don't have power.

Some of your neighbors will be by with better info soon.

Bill

While it might not seem to be the brightest idea, keeping a vent open helps to keep the humidity down some.  Yes, you will loose some heat, you need to keep the air circulating.  Your living in a tin can and we generate a lot of moisture by cooking, showering and breathing.

If you are connected to shore power a dehumidifier will certainly help.  As Bill said, keeping cabinets open will also help AND if your seeing freezing weather it may help keep the pipes from freezing.

Lenp

2 hours ago, bdersham said:

Have a 2014 Itasca Ellips and am in PA for the winter. I’m experiencing condensation in the cabinets that are in the slide outs and am looking for solutions. Any suggestions are welcome. 

bdlersham,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum. 

Condensation issues with the coach closed up during cold weather changes everyone.  

Leaving the cabinets open helps and also keep items warmer helping to prevent items from freezing.

Many use some sort of dehumidifier to remove the moisture. Some are passive(Absorption) others use a small house dehumidifier.

Rich.

What is your heat source? A lot of people have problems with condensation when they heat with unvented propane heaters. I've read that for every hour you run an unvented propane heater between a quart and gallon of water is released into the air. Propane heaters that vent the combustion gases outside are a better choice if you have a choice.

Electric heat tends to make air dryer.

We are staying in our RV over the winter in Carlisle PA, running the Aqua-Hot heater since we’re in a cold climate. Have opened as many doors as possible and yet it’s still there; not getting worse as far as I can tell, but still there nonetheless. 

Since your in the same climate as Winnebago, I would call them to find out what they do and recommend.  There are several times that I have been in the white stuff and below 20 degrees, I don't make a habit of it, but what I have done is open a vent about an inch, same with a window.  Also in winter I carry a recirculating oil heater inside coach, looks like the old fashion register and turn it on after the Aqua Hot has got coach to the temp I want.  Don't forget to turn on a celling fan or you can use a small floor fan, I use both with AC and Heat. :)