larrypennington

Check Out Our New Tech Connect+ Benefit!

FMCA Tech Connect+ is a benefit package that brings technology offers to FMCA members. Offers include tech product discounts and mobile data plans.

What do you get? For just $49.99 monthly, you’ll have access to a Sprint mobile hotspot data plan, plus discounts on WiFi extenders and products. With Sprint, you’ll get full, un-throttled and uncapped 3G and 4G LTE speed.

To take advantage of this benefit, your FMCA membership dues must be active for at least one year. And stay tuned – we plan to offer more discounts to this benefit package!

Why not take part in a benefit package that keeps you connected at a lower cost?

CLICK HERE to learn more.

check_green.pngRead Member F470953 GAIL RUSSELL's Review of the Tech Connect+ Sprint MIFI Plan Below:

Signed up for FMCA Tech Connect+ and taking advantage of the Sprint Unlimited Hotspot Plan

I would say I started with Hotspot Authorization at 11:30AM, it is now 8PM and my Hotspot Battery is at 32%.

I am very pleased with both the Franklin R-910 Hotspot and the Sprint unlimited data plan. Everything is working flawlessly. I am in a rural area, 30 miles from the nearest city (Buffalo, NY) and I have had enough signal strength to do everything I wanted to do on my computers & tablets and ereaders, fast & flawlessly.

I found the Hotspot intuitive to use and easy to operate. I even liked the way it felt with its rubber armour coating! After 8-1/2 hours of continuous running, the Hotspot feels cool to the touch all over. If I had to tell one Hotspot fault, it would be the display screen font type is very small, making it hard to read.

Tomorrow I will play around with more of my WiFi capable devices and let you know what I think. The unlimited data plan is just great to have! No more running to public hotspots for me like when my old data plan was getting near its limit. I am in Computer Nerd Heaven!

Gail Russell
F470953

I posted this in the Verizon benefit topic, not realizing which topic I had posted in.

Sprint has well less than 10% of the coverage that Verizon or AT&T have, so research carefully whether this plan would work for you or not.  We are rarely in a Sprint area, and it's not like we go deep into the wilderness...

From RVMobileInternet's site, one of their graphics from their Coverage app

4G coverage.jpg

I will say that the above pictures only show 4G coverage. The maps do not show the extended LTE that is available. Below you can see the coverage included with sprint covering 3G/4G/LTE/ExtendedLTE. When the term truly unlimited is used in the plan it really means truly Unlimited.

Sprint Coverage Map.JPG

Extended LTE means partner networks where you would be roaming.

Be absolutely sure you understand how roaming works on this plan.  You are allowed only minimal data roaming (300 MB) with Sprint.  So true Sprint coverage is much less than the other networks.

Not sure where the green/red map came from, but it's not Sprint's official coverage map.

Visit the Sprint website to get a look at their published coverage map to see just how much is roaming

https://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTNAV=TopNav:Support:CoverageMap

Most of Alabama, Georgia, S. Carolina, Arkansas, Texas, NY, Vermont, western US...

Be sure to zoom in so you can see all the grey (roaming) and white (no service) areas.  

It might be a viable option for some, but Sprint has the poorest network coverage of all the providers.

We just received our Sprint hot spot two days ago.  See my smile. We are in central Florida and it works better than expected.

It arrived in just a couple of days delivered to our RV park. It was charged coming out of the box and was ready to go. Our lap tops quickly found it and the pass code scrolls on the screen. It is very easy to use. It seems to hold a charge for at least 12 hours. That might depend  on how much it idles.

Today we tried our old RUKU streaming device. I am happy to say it works as well as if we were at home.  My plan is to try this hot spot when we get home and cancel our home service.

I will update you with any snags we hit on this electronic road.

Pat

:rolleyes:

There seems to be a problem signing up today.  Filled out the form several times and just get a message "

The billing information provided is invalid, click the link below to enter the information again.

Try Again"

I triple checked my entries, even used a different card.