punxsyjumper

Anti Gravity Hose

Actually, a "drip loop"/sag in the sewer hose is not a bad idea-- as long as the coach attachment is higher than the highest part of the hose.

This prevents sewer gas and/or insects from entering the tank from the sewer outlet.

From looking at the picture he could have parked much further back, needed less hose and power cable. But then we can't see the whole picture. And we wouldn't have any humor in our day.

As the ole radio announcers would say "Keep those cards and letters coming " and pictures to.

Herman 

:lol::o Picture looks to me, like the toad and dolly has the flat high ground, think I would have reversed the setting!  As they say in the slums of Mexico, "you don't want to live on the bottom of the hill"!  :lol:

Not to offend anyone, have heard that in over 144 countries!  Another life..:P

I've had numerous sites like this where the sewer connection is elevated either by the land contour or more aggravating is the elevated pipe.  That seems to be a requirement in states in the northeast.  With a fifth wheel, the sewer exits the unit at a higher level than in a motor home.  No choice but deal with it - walking the hose to drain the last amount - or use the macerator.  Sure hope the connections and the condition of the hose will prevent leaks!

It's all flat ground. Might be hard to see in the pic. The hose holder isn't opened up all the way and actually stopped behind the dolly wheel. That created a sag and you can see where he propped it up with a yellow wheel chock. I'm thinking he must be an engineer and not an installer, haha. I just thought it was funny and wanted to share.

Am I looking at this wrong, or is the hose holder laid out backwards? Would things drain better if the high end of the hose holder was on the RV side and sloped down towards the drain?

1 hour ago, richard5933 said:

Am I looking at this wrong, or is the hose holder laid out backwards? Would things drain better if the high end of the hose holder was on the RV side and sloped down towards the drain?

That is why we are making the comments we're making. "anti-gravity".

2 hours ago, richard5933 said:

Well, that's how I do it but I'm still an FNG