butch@daktel.com

Finally Got My Recliner

I've been looking for a way to get rid of my J Lounge and replace it with a La-Z-Boy recliner. It sounded simple enough at first, but then there's the color matching, stray subwoofer for the sound system, and a cabinet/table my wife wanted to store our notebook computers, among other things to consider. I found a fabric from La-Z-Boy that matched our sofa and front captain chairs, so I ordered the new wall-hugger recliner in this fabric plus four extra yards of the material to recover the front captain chairs. I built a custom cabinet to house the subwoofer, notebook computers, and the computer charging devices. Here are some pictures of the project:

remodel5.jpg

remodel1A.jpg

remodel1.jpg

What a nice inviting looking interior that makes. Should be some great conversations there! Good work.

Did you anchor the recliner to the floor?

What a nice inviting looking interior that makes. Should be some great conversations there! Good work.

Did you anchor the recliner to the floor?

I anchored both the chair and the cabinet. In fact the base La-z-boy makes for this chair is mount ready so all I did is run the lag bolts in.

Nice. I've been looking for a narrow recliner to replace our euro chair that has a separate foot rest. The separate foot rest is always in the way and I'd like the option to rock of swivel. Now I know I can look into La-z-boy. Nice color matching too. It really looks professional.

I've been looking for a way to get rid of my J Lounge and replace it with a La-Z-Boy recliner. It sounded simple enough at first, but then there's the color matching, stray subwoofer for the sound system, and a cabinet/table my wife wanted to store our notebook computers, among other things to consider. I found a fabric from La-Z-Boy that matched our sofa and front captain chairs, so I ordered the new wall-hugger recliner in this fabric plus four extra yards of the material to recover the front captain chairs. I built a custom cabinet to house the subwoofer, notebook computers, and the computer charging devices. Here are some pictures of the project:

remodel5.jpg

remodel1A.jpg

remodel1.jpg

Nice job on the cabinet. I have been wanting to replace my euro chair and foot stool. It is very comfortable when you sit in the chair, however it sits so low to the floor I have to almost slide out on my knees then push my self up to get out of it. Your recliner looks very inviting. Is there a number or name for the chair you bought? Again great job.

Thanks Herman. The fabric is Lazyboy #C929533 Yukon Almond. You can get it on several different chairs from Lazyboy. The chair I have is a wall hugger. You can also buy the material from Lazyboy for about $49 a yard.

Hope this helps. If need any other info just let me know.