ROBNCJ

CHASSIS

I need to identify who made my chassis (Ford, Chevy) as when I buy parts they want to know this.  I was told it was made by Ford, is this correct??

Also, what goes in to TAGS at top of page?

Thank you,

Rob

1 hour ago, ROBNCJ said:

I need to identify who made my chassis (Ford, Chevy) as when I buy parts they want to know this.  I was told it was made by Ford, is this correct??

Also, what goes in to TAGS at top of page?

Thank you,

Rob

I don't know, you have not enter your coach or any supporting info in your signature or in your post. 

What make and model of RV do you have and what year.

Look at your steering wheel, what does it say in the center?

Bill

Yes, I have a 2000 Safari Continental with a Magnum Chassis, I was told the chassis was built in 1999 and coach was built in 2000.

What does TAGS refer to on the top of topic page?

1 hour ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I don't know, you have not enter your coach or any supporting info in your signature or in your post. 

What make and model of RV do you have and what year.

Look at your steering wheel, what does it say in the center?

Bill

I have a 2000 Safari Continental with a Magnum Chassis built in 1999.  Also, what does the title TAGS refer to at the top of topic page?

Ford and Chevrolet are gasoline powered chassis.

You have a diesel-- more specifically a Diesel Pusher.  Caterpillar 3126 engine, rear radiator and Allison 3000 series transmission. Could be Torsilastic suspension or could be air suspension.

What specifically are you wanting information on?

1 hour ago, wolfe10 said:

Ford and Chevrolet are gasoline powered chassis.

You have a diesel-- more specifically a Diesel Pusher.  Caterpillar 3126 engine, rear radiator and Allison 3000 series transmission. Could be Torsilastic suspension or could be air suspension.

What specifically are you wanting information on?

Auto part stores are requesting whether this Magnum Chassis is built by Ford or Chevy even though I tell them it's a Magnum Chassis and a diesel pusher they still need to know?

You need to go to another auto parts house!

OR

Tell them specifically what part you need and show them a picture.

Again, if you post here what you are trying to identify, we have several Forum members familiar with your coach/chassis.

For suspension information, tell us if you are on a Torsilastic or air suspension, as they are VERY different.

1 hour ago, wolfe10 said:

You need to go to another auto parts house!

OR

Tell them specifically what part you need and show them a picture.

Again, if you post here what you are trying to identify, we have several Forum members familiar with your coach/chassis.

For suspension information, tell us if you are on a Torsilastic or air suspension, as they are VERY different.

Yes thank you!!!

Ok, The chassis is Magnum it is not a Ford or a Chevy but a "Magnum" custom built by Safari coaches Chassis division "Magnum" They did this in order to facilitate changes rapidly and to avoid the other guy supplier holding them hostage in the time line. They could make changes in a thirty day window. 

Tags are other ways of finding posts on Brakes, Steering, Wheels or tires etc...any of the preceding words could be used as tags as I understand it and if I am incorrect someone till fill me in.

Lastly in helping you further look in the upper right corner of you forum page for a PM under the envelope.