N2WKENDS

2004 Monaco Diplomat PDQ Electrical Help Needed

We have a 2004 Monaco Diplomat that has some electrical problems. My husband wants to get rid of it ( I don't....we got a really good deal on it). I offered to see if anyone's got the schematics on electric wiring. My husband's a general contractor, but not an electrician. 

The thermostat is not doing anything. He doesn't know where the wiring goes or ends up.

Also, we need new tires on this unit. Anyone in Southern California to get tires from...or should we get some online? I also would like to take the old "big" T.V's out and put in nice new flat screen T.V.s

Any help would be appreciated...

Heather 

In our 2000 Newmar, with a Dometic system, we found JimFredichs in Mission, Tx. He could rework the thermostat, which was a problem with these systems. His phone number is 308-440-5754.

Heather, try this with your thermostat. turn all controls to off, remove the front cover, there should be a fuse in side. take it out and verify it is good, now re install the fuse and see if it will work. 

Bill

2 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Heather, try this with your thermostat. turn all controls to off, remove the front cover, there should be a fuse in side. take it out and verify it is good, now re install the fuse and see if it will work. 

Bill

If there is power to the thermostat there is also a reset procedure.  

If you have the style that has 5 buttons from top to bottom the procedure is below. If you have the style with the buttons running across from side to side then the cover can be removed, pull the glass fuse for about 5 mins and it should reset. Country used both types of controllers.

5 button control reset

Turn the ON/OFF switch to OFF position.

Simultaneously depress and hold the MODE and ZONE

push-buttons while turning the ON/OFF switch to ON.

FF should appear in the LCD display until the MODE

and ZONE push-buttons are released.

Is Les Schaub in California, if they are, it is a good outfit to buy rubber from. I do not think you want to buy that big rubber on line and have it shipped to you, too heavy. Check with the FMCA Michelin tire program. Check around too, as I bought Goodyears for my coach, 500 bucks a tire installed. Suggest you avoid the Samson and other cut rate Chinese tires.

Check out Toyo tires. Truckers highly recommend them. My experience has been great and much less expensive. They do give a bit harsher ride than Goodyear and Michelin RV tires but not much difference except for price.

Heather,

Call Monaco. I got a cd of my wiring. Give them your coach number and they should have the cd. 877-466-6226.