wmsam@sccoast.net

Health Insurance

With the possibility of the vote allowing other units into the Association along with the health insurance state lines being erased how would the members feel about looking at health care being included in the benefit options for all members?  The average age of our members will drop significantly allowing the possibility of a very large group with a younger age average.  So many younger RVer's  are self insured and work self employed, as I have, or for small companies that may not offer insurance.  Just a thought.

Medicare (not the way it used to be, before BO) and supplemental.  I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield.  Medicare is not free and neither is the later...$763 a month for both, I get $778 a month from Social Security...so, it's a wash!  Thank You, BO!  Thanks, Congress!  :angry:

So , I got an email recently regarding a "health insurance" benifit from FMCA.  I read with interest what it might cover, but all online info was very limited on specifics.

The one thing that stood out was that at the bottom of the info, it said it was not a major medical plan, and not a replacement for regular health insurance.

Why can't FMCA look into working with a provider to supply a discount to full major medical insurance for us who are too young for Medicare and medicaid?

Chris

We are fulltimers, but too young for Medicare.  We would also be interested to see what FMCA might be able to work out, as far as regular health insurance is concerned.

FMCA now has a benefit for under 65 members for Health insurance. 

https://site.fmca.com/images/healthcareplan/FMCA_Health_Plan_Comparison_Chart.pdf

It may be a competitive or not but FMCA heard the need and got a plan for members. I am sure it is like all plans, get a quote and compare.

It wont help me since I am on medicare but may be good for those under 65.

Herman