michaeljwest

Need Replacement For Driver's Window '06 Mountain Aire

Need Help - WINDOW
2006 Mountain Aire 4528
Drivers side window shattered. Can't find a replacement without ridiculously high price from NEWMAR. Local repair shop having difficulty finding a proper dual-paned thermal, DOT approved replacement. Does anyone have a recommendation or suggestions for someone that can help me? I'm stuck parked in driveway at home until fixed and it's killing us.  

NEWMAR dr window.jpg

michaeljwest,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Where are you located.

There are companies around the country who specialize in RV windows and window repair-- I am familiar with one in Searcy, Arkansas and one in Hudson, Florida.  I am sure there are others.

And Portland, Oregon area. 

When I called around the St Louis area, I found several that offered to replace my foggy windows but none that were willing to repair them.  They said they could send measurements out and have new glass tempered to fit.  Every place I called told me it would take a week to 10 days to have a new piece of glass tempered.

I've got an appointment in Searcy, AR the day after Christmas to have our repaired.  By repaired, I mean removed, cleaned, resealed and reinstalled.  I don't think any of our panes are etched which would require new glass.  They'll put us inside their garage with hookups while they're working on our windows.  After that, we're on our way to Quartzsite!

michaeljwest.  Welcome!

Big part or little?  Can't tell by picture. Why must it be done at your house?  Where ever that is...

Michaelj west  we had the same problem on our 2005 newmar Essex, M4503  they wanted 4100.00 for a new replacement thermopane window. we got from a local glass company a 3/8 laminated solid glass replacement, I removed the window and took it to them, so they could make a drawing for the company to cut a new one. the cost was 1700.00 and we had it tinted in a gold color. It took 3 weeks, but the great thing is it will NEVER fog up again!!! our window size was 52x52  yours looks the same as ours.  the only difference  is 1/16 of an inch in thickness.