Sign in to follow this  
tojomi

Exact Height: 2005 Monaco Signature, Castle IV

I have a 2005 Monaco Signature, Castle IV (45 foot with tag axle, ISX 525 Cummins, 315/80R22.5 tires). It is currently broken down over a thousand miles from home and sitting in a storage lot.  I am considering having it hauled home, which I know will be quite costly.  I have found a company willing to haul it, but before I continue, I need to make sure I have accurate specs.  Since I am so far away from the motor home, I can't take these measurements myself so I am hoping someone with a unit like mine can help me out. 

All I have to go on right now is the RV literature I found online.  It shows 12'6" tall (12'1" with A/C units, plus an additional 5" for satellite option; this motor home still has the factory satellite dome).  I take it that this is the measurement when the coach is traveling down the road, when it is in the air ride travel mode.  Can anyone confirm this from taking measurements?

About how much will the coach lower when dumping the bags all the way?

Also, has anyone weighed their motor home?  I'm looking for a weight range.  The black, grey and fresh tanks are all empty. The fuel tank is full.  The inside contents are limited to dishes, etc right now.  The basement storage is pretty loaded with tools, chairs and other miscellaneous supplies.  Would it be safe to say it's in the 48,000 to 55,000 lb range, max?  I had the coach weighed when I purchased it, but that paperwork is in the motor home cabinet over a thousand miles away.

I'm hoping to get the coach home to my garage, where I have control over the repairs.  I would SO appreciate some help with these numbers since I'm over a thousand miles away and unable to do it myself.  Thank you in advance!

Call Monaco via REV Group, get Tech department...they can give you all the answers you need.

Before you have it towed, I would fly or drive to the coach.  What is the reason for the breakdown?  If its engine call Cummins when you get there...Tranny? Call Allison!  They have Mobil Repair Service and can at least tell you what your problem is...also, they would know who has the correct equipment and know how to tow it.

"I'm hoping to get the coach home to my garage, where I have control over the repairs."

I'm just going to toss out a guess, based on an estimate I had years ago on having my 40' boat hauled across country.  If hauling that coach 1,000 miles or more is going to cost $5,000 to $8,000 are you sure it is worth it?  Are you going to save all of that by having it in your garage for repairs vs having it repaired where it is?  What is the issue with it?  Are you going to fix it yourself?