Sign in to follow this  
smithy

FMCA Needs Your Help With New FMCA Website

Hello,

To give you a better user experience, our staff has been working hard to redesign FMCA.com. We'll soon be launching a new website, and we are looking for your help to test it before we let it loose in the world. If you are interested, please sign up here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GXZRX2S

Once you sign up, keep an eye out for an email with more details. Thanks in advance for your help!

I signed up, too.  Already had made a comment on one of the FMCA threads.  This is the slowest forum I'm on....."click and wait."

I signed up as well but I just got an e-mail saying that they only wanted active FMCA members to help with this project.  Thanks, but no thanks!  No interest in experience, just membership.

I got a mail yesterday, the test period is December 22, 2017 to January 2, 2018.  I'm a Lutheran, we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ...before, during and after.  Guess FMCA IT Department don't.  I have mixed emotions about doing anything commercial over Christmas! :unsure:

Can't expect everyone to be like you.  Not many jobs where you can take weeks off from work.  Would you vote to shut down FMCA for your idea of the holiday season (with pay for all employees)?  Think of everyone working in the shops, stores, gas stations, police, fire and even the minister or priest, getting paid for the job.  Louise is also Lutheran and she celebrates as you but works it into a busy life.  And I wouldn't define beta testing the website as commercial exactly, it is volunteer work for a non-profit organization.  Enjoy your holiday in the way you want, in this country you are free to do that - and all others are free to spend their time as they wish. 

Just signed up.  I do hope the new site is faster than the curre.....zzzzzzzz, oh excuse me, I dropped off there for a minute. The current site is slower than dirt. Maybe FMCA should have  spent a few more bucks on our site that Rvillage

I really don't like being sent to another survey from the survey monkey site, get rid of it.

Tom, rather caustic reply!  Something I would never suspect from you, after reading all your Blogs and reply's over the past 5 years...:(:o

Merry Christmas 

41 minutes ago, manholt said:

Tom, rather caustic reply!  Something I would never suspect from you, after reading all your Blogs and reply's over the past 5 years...:(:o

Merry Christmas 

I was surprised with Tom's response also.

I've been involved in several Beta tests and never did the businesses shut down to test. After some communications with the FMCA IT group, this really isn't a Beta test, they only expect us to look at it for a few hours. The Beta's I've been involved with lasted for several weeks if not months. 

Merry Christmas to all...

I'm sure the FMCA IT Gurus have put the new site through the ringer. What I'm assuming what they will be looking for are some unknown bugs but more specifically how the site can be more aesthetically appealing. Sort of like putting buttons to push that are related together instead of far apart. (just an example.)  I'm thinking that once it is published it will not take a long time for a user to test those areas he is interested in and report back to them.  Or the tool bar missing something that can benefit everyone, not just one individual doing the testing.

Hey. we'll all know in a few days.  I'm looking forward to it.

Ever since someone suggested bookmarking the "unread" forum content my access time has been reduced to a few seconds. Nice.  Going to the main page was really slow.

p.s., I just did a cursory on the page source and there are over 2005 lines of code with links, meta, scripts, plug-ins, functions, etc. before it get to something it can put up as a view-able web item.  That is a lot of information and it takes approximately 15-20 seconds (timed) to get through it all.  Hopefully the new site will be slimmed down.

I just tested my download speed and it is 225.92 Mbps so I know it's not my ISP service.

If anyone wants to test what their download speed is go to www.speedtest.net (is one place.)

My cellular speeds are 1/10 your speeds and my connection is quite snappy-- I have yet to experience any issues.