f207364

Michelin Advantage Tire Program-- Need Tire Recommendation

I want to use this program to replace the 6 year old tires on my DP, but I'm not sure which tire I should buy.  There are 7 types listed.  How do I choose?

ENCORE (Rush)

F207364,

Please tell us what coach, chassis and current tire size and series you have.  That will help you get reasonable responses.

Do your homework before spending money. The FMCA tires page states to do this because some Michelin dealers will sell for less than the FMCA discounted price.

I have an 04 Safari Zanzibar 40' DP with Goodyear RV G70 - 275x70Rx22.5. I assume I'll need the same size, but don't know which Michelin tire to order.

Rush

2 hours ago, F207364 said:

I have an 04 Safari Zanzibar 40' DP with Goodyear RV G70 - 275x70Rx22.5. I assume I'll need the same size, but don't know which Michelin tire to order.

Rush

I got tired of trying to figure out all the variables on the Michelin program and went with the Continentals and saved more money.

Bill

We have a 2008 monaco monarch.  245 70R19.5 tires that are 7 years old.

we would like to replace them with Michelin.  we received a quote for the XRV 245 70R 19.5 from the FMCA website.  When I called the various dealers that were (supposedly) onboard with the FMCA discount, they were hard to find.  Most had never heard of the program. 

The one i did find could get the tires and their corporate office (ROYAL TIRES INC.) stated  I'd  have to go to Michelin's website directly with my FMCA number and exp date and give them a credit card. Then the tire company (in Duluth MN) would bill Michelin directly.  Is this normal protocol? 

PANDALUNA,

We have found, unfortunately, that not all dealers who participate in the Michelin Advantage program know that they are part of it, or know how it works.  Below are the steps you will need to take to have the new tires installed, some of which you've already done it sounds like:

1. Find your tire size and get a quote (see link below)

2. Find the nearest Michelin Advantage tire dealer using the following link: https://www.michelinrvtires.com/dealer-locator/#/ 

3. Contact the dealer to determine they have (or can get) the tire you want

4. schedule the install

5. Call Michelin Advantage at 888.532.6435 (or 800.847.9855 if it's after hours) to register your credit card

6. Complete the purchase

Please note, your FMCA Membership number is used as the PO#.  For more details regarding the steps you need to take please visit https://site.fmca.com/fmca-tire-program or give the Membership Department a call at 800-543-3622.  FMCA office hours are between 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday.

Sincerely,

Dan Ball

Director of Membership & Marketing

I went to the Michelin Advantage Program and researched the tire prices for  255/80/R22.5 Michelin XRV that were on my motor home - - they were all 2014 tires that were dry rotting.  I found two tires that matched the ones I had on - - MSPN 94390 $619.07 / $498.47  or MSPN 59634 $624.07/ 520.71 . The first ones were discontinued so that left me with MSPN 59634.  Found local dealer to order and install - ordered and were in within 3 days.  Advantage program charged me $520.71 each.  For labor, balancing, stems and tire disposal I paid another $436.92.  Then I went online to find Warranty on these tires and could not find that information. SO I called the dealer I purchased them from and he said there is NO WARRANTY on these specific tires !!!  So I highly suggest you checking on warranty before ordering. 

27 minutes ago, texbon said:

So I highly suggest you checking on warranty before ordering. 

Call Michelin Corp directly with the product codes from your tires.

Let us know what you find.

Michelin  866-866-6605