jimnorm

The vote Is In: We Are No Longer A Motorhome Only Group

1 hour ago, DAY8293A@CS.COM said:

Allowing Non ''MOTOR Coach'' vehicles into a MOTOR COACH association is asinine....  It's like having cats in a dog show....   This was obviously done for the money.

I don't relish parking my  Motor Home next to a Towed RV Trailer.   It will be like camping in a Trailer Park.   If they had at least kept the Towed Trailer  parking areas separate

from the Motorized Coaches,  it wouldn't be so bad.  You spend big bucks on a nice Motor Home, and now have to park in a Trailer Park. 

Talk about DOWN GRADING,, and DEGRADING.........   I guess with the new mind set of  YOU CAN BE A BOY TODAY, AND A GIRL TOMORROW,

AND USE ANY BATHROOM YOU LIKE... ANYTHING GOES .....  Liberalism has now invaded and taken over the FMCA....... 

I normally only post to offer clarification and insight on issues being discussed. I have to chime in here. Comparing FMCA welcoming all RVs to social issues like sexual orientation is one of the most absurd things I have ever read. If this thread continues to go sideways I will shut it down myself.

As others here, we are disappointed  a) that so FEW members took time to VOTE , we voted NO;   and b ) that the reason FMCA was distinct / unique (only motorized owners could join) is lost forever :(

Our preferred outlook is two part:

1.  our membership is paid through Nov 2018... we will stay with a wait and see approach (for now....) and

2.  Can we make lemonade?  Some recent posts mentioned old days the Motor Coach Mag size (#pages, articles, info) was thicker more pages, but recent year/s shrinking content pages.  Given the concerns that the MH focus may be diluted with the addition of towables...our suggestion?  Increase the content and grow the #pages in magazine issues by ADDING content for BOTH motorized and towable focused articles.  (Please, don't just reduce MH focus articles by diluting an already skinny page count to have towable focus space in mag.)

YMMV ... just my 2 cents.

So long Good Sam Club Number 2 (also known as FMCA)--I will not renew my membership when it comes up for renewal in March due to the results of this vote. I am already a member of the Good Sam Club and don't need to duplicate my membership in another organization (GSC#2) with the same goals. Actually membership in GSC is better than FMCA since I get the Pilot Flying J diesel fuel discount, discounts at Camping World, and discounts at a heck of a lot of campgrounds across the United States of America; FMCA is not even in the same ballpark as Good Sam with discounts.  The only reason I WAS a member of FMCA was due to the fantastic motorhome/motor coach specific articles in the club magazine. I refuse to subscribe to a magazine  that talks about trailers, trailer towing equipment, pickup trucks to tow trailers, 5th wheel vs. tow behind comparisons, etc. I guess I will now just have Motorhome Magazine to read in the future.

Please do not waste your money sending me a membership renewal in a couple of months--I will ignore it. Congratulations on losing a younger member of your organization. I am also a member of a MOTORHOME/MOTOR COACH ONLY club (American Coach Association) that I guess I will spend more time with now (at least we have the same interests).

Good Bye FMCA!!

OK, enough. 

I will repeat (as both a participant and moderator):  The FMCA Forum WILL remain a friendly place to exchange information.  It will NOT go the way of so many organizations and forums that most of us have left.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but when it is posted just to be divisive, as long as I am moderator, it will not be allowed. 

Really guys, I have bent over backwards to allow everyone to express their opinion, but it is time for those interested in the future of FMCA to come together, not continue to pull apart. 

Locking thread now.