Sign in to follow this  
bigkelly

2010 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 42 Skq Air System Issue

2010 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 42skq.

Guys,

My air pressures are acting up. The rear is  dropping down into the low 60's. The front stays higher around 107 ps, but also is fluctuating . The pressures are erratic especially on the rear. Its will rapidly go between 63 to 77 psi. I've checked for leaks, and have none. The air drier cycles, but for whatever reason the pressures are acting up. Anybody ever experienced this? The temps are above freezing in Oklahoma so I've sort of ruled that out. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Big Kelly   

Are you talking about the air suspension or the air supply?  In either case I would expect an air leaks that could be anywhere on the coach or the governor on or near the air compressor.   

I'm referring to the suspension pressure. I have 2 gauges 1 for the front 1 for the rear. It doesn't have an actual service/ brake air supply gauge. Thanks for the reply. I've been front to rear and cant find a leak. I wonder if a leveling control valve could be dumping the rear pressure. It has  total 4 bags for the drive axle and 2 bags for the tag. the coach sets up straight all 4 corners. I 'm scratching my head. and of course I'm on the road.

The dual gauge is the air supply on mine.  Check for leaks with the parking brakes on and with it off.  Be sure to block the wheels on a level surface before releasing the parking brake.  

I had the same issue on a 2011 Allegro Bus.  Red Bay put the coach on a rack and found that there was a separation between the metal and rubber on L/R rear airbag, replaced both on warranty and never had a problem again with air pressure!

Have you verified that this IS a real issue, and not just malfunctioning gauges.

Quick place to check is to put a tire gauge on the hose coming from the on-board air chuck/hose. 

I checked the air supply at the auxiliary connector and it was around 105 psi. The air drier cycles as is should. Above the drive axle are 2 air valves that have electrical twist lock type plugs including air lines attached to each. Possibly.  the air dump valves. They look like a quick release valve, with an electrical trigger wire to each. I'm assuming they are a type of unloader/ exhaust valve. I checked the 2 mechanical leveling valves on the drive axle. linkages and connections are all tight. Due to the way the coach is setting now I could reach them. When I checked the service air pressure my front supply tank showed 106 on the gauge. The rear showed 65 psi with the low air led illuminated alarm on.   Possibly it could be a pressure sensor malfunctioning for the rear tank. I cant see nor tell where the pressure switch is actually located. Unless somebody know a better method. I would have to remove the drain plug and attempt to connect a gauge directly to the supply tank to verify the reading on the dash gauge is right or wrong . Any ideas.

Update. With the  help from **** & Lois rear air pressure issue is to a point I feel is safe to make our return home trip. After speaking with REV tech support ( no help). And checking every line, fitting, valve, air bag, parking & service brake canisters front to rear. ZERO leaks. As last straw increased governor setting.  Front air now around 125 psi rear 78 +. Can't explain  the pressure differential between front and rear. will take to REV for diagnosis. 

Brett,

I did verify gauge reading versus air pressure at the tanks as you'd advised. I checked the front from air chuck fitting, and rear from remote tank drain. Both readings matched dash gauge pressure reading. Thanks for all comments. 

Exercise great care when underneath your MH. Earlier this year a mechanic in Indiana was suffocated when the MH he was working underneath unexpectedly lost air pressure and pinned him. The ultimate penalty for not following safety procedures.

That said, I suggest blocking underneath the frame, then crawling underneath with a spray bottle of 50/50 dish soap N water, then spray every air line, connection, and device to locate air leaks.

I agree with all. My levelers are hydraulic, but while under the rear, I raised tires high enough to use 3" pads under both drive and tag axles. I carry a 20 ton hydraulic jack, that I also placed under vertical pivot section for trailing arm. Thanks to all. If anybody is interested I have the air system schematic/ drawing for the Monaco/Holiday Rambler coaches. I would be happy to share or post. Is there a special section to post info such as described. 

Kelly