martysantic

FMCA Website

Site was totally down for me for a few hours yesterday afternoon. Seems like there might be a server issue of some sort. After a while, it let me into the site, but the member login was not functional.

I had issues yesterday also. They may be bringing the new website up for beta testing because I kept getting what looks like a new (different) website. This site has historically been the slowest to load and navigate of any site I visit. 

Congratulation!  We will be exploring in the Twilight Zone, on and off for a while.  FMCA is coming out with a new web page, please be aware that things will be different at times, until 100% uploaded....dah, dah, this may be your twilight, until the next time! 

Define "Slow."

Twenty seconds is not a lifetime. (I just timed it, but that is through a VPN which will make it run slower. For this posting I'm using a server in Boston.

Wayne.

Just now, about 4 seconds! :wub: New speed record for me....couple of days ago, I could brew a cup of coffee, sit down & still watch the circle go around.  Same location, same Verizon plug in.

This can also be caused by an incorrect entry in your browser cache, try clearing cookies and website history in your browser settings. Just be aware that some websites will ask for user and passwords after you do this, so be sure that you have that info handy. No your computer does not store this info for many sites, but rather installs cookies on your computer to remember whether a particular pc has visited their website before, and if the info matches, then it will let you re-enter.

Carl,

When you are experiencing delays you most likely are not using a MAC.:P

Kay, I can clear everything, shut down the browser, re-establish a connection and it is still slow.

Again, I'm not complaining just stating what others have observed.  As I sit here waiting the few seconds it takes I just ponder on something else.

Carl can't wait and ponder at the same time. It's like walking and chewing gum for him. :o

I am not using a MAC so I don't have to worry about someone entering "root" and taking me down!  :P

I have not ever noticed the FMCA forum to be slower than any other and I really don't have any complaints about the software used here.

I only use cellular connections which are noticeably slower than any ground based internet connection and I still find the site to operate quite well.

Sorry Bill but the Root password security vulnerability was fixed on November 29th and it only applied to the software version of High Sierra. It also was only at the log-in screen where a user ID and PW have to be entered to access the machine.  Businesses and corporations were probably more prone to someone walking by a station and using that method to log in. For my personal computer here they would have to gain access to the house.

On 12/3/2017 at 8:46 PM, manholt said:

Congratulation!  We will be exploring in the Twilight Zone, on and off for a while.  FMCA is coming out with a new web page, please be aware that things will be different at times, until 100% uploaded....dah, dah, this may be your twilight, until the next time! 

Humm, I signed up to be a beta user for the new website, so far I haven't seen any difference.

Hey all just wanted to let you know that I was working in the FMCA Data Center on Saturday and had a few hiccups which resulted in having to take all of the servers down at one time. I was able to get them back up pretty quickly. I was attempting a server swap out without taking down the entire server farm but was unable to do so. I apologize for any down time that you may have experienced. Also just to note we are aware of the slowness of the fmca.com website and this is being addressed in the new website build.

jgabbard, it would be beneficial to forum members if you data center gurus would advise us when you are going to be doing maintenance and especially when attempting server swap outs. I spent a lot of time Saturday making sure the problem was not on my end; it would have been helpful knowing you were doing scheduled maintenance that may or may not affect us.

I've gotten use to the slow website as it gives me the opportunity to go open another website to check headlines, etc.

Thanks for letting us know.

Jim.  It served a useful purpose....you got up close and personal with your computer.  Might be still slow, but it feels better! :huh::lol:

My computer is about the last thing I want to get up close and personal with. Have I ever told you how much I dislike computers? Especially since my wife decided we would be a fruit home with nothing but Apples.  I will not give up my Samsung Droid Phone, of course neither will she. Ever so often I boot up my old Dell laptop just for old times sake. 

2 minutes ago, elkhartjim said:

Especially since my wife decided we would be a fruit home with nothing but Apples.

Gala? Honey Crisp, Macintosh? Why not branch out and raise some agave-- see you in 7 years for the harvest.

Or are we talking about one of Steve Jobs products????

Brett.  I think Jim needs some nut's and wine to go with his Apple! :lol:  As for Wayne, he's just lost and lonely...B)

1 hour ago, wolfe10 said:

Gala? Honey Crisp, Macintosh? Why not branch out and raise some agave-- see you in 7 years for the harvest.

Or are we talking about one of Steve Jobs products????

Now that gave me a chuckle. I feel like my computer moves about like the agave grow.

I've decided that with my computer expertise, knowledge and all around experience with bit and bytes, I better get in on the website beta testing for no other reason than to keep Wayne from turning it into another fruit, think Steve Jobs, Brett, product. One problem, I can't find the sign up place. Did I miss the boat?

Why is everyone picking on me. Pick on Carl.

Is it just because I have an iMac-27, Mac Mini, MacBookPro, iPadPro, iPad 2nd Gen., Apple TV 4K, Apple TV 2nd Gen., Apple Watch 2nd Gen., iPhone 7, iPhone 6, and Earlene makes a nice apple strudel.

One of these days I'm going to learn how to use all of them, but the apple strudel I can handle.