rsbilledwards

FMCA Roadside Assistance

Well I just called GS and according to the two people I spoke with they still have the Standard plan and no Premium+. The web site currently advertises 3 plans and all are on sale for newbies. But the current premium plan has no coverage for cargo or Flatbed trailers. After pulling the plug and purchasing the Coach Net plan, the gal from FMCA called Janet back to correct herself on the question of does FMCA's plan cover cargo and flat bed trailers to say YES... These people need to get the **** answers and information straight the first time around. I guess it is just our society today, Mediocrity abounds these days and everybody accepts it. It is quite apparent in many of the writings on forums across the board. Her lack of correct info just cost me $180  Just sayin sorry for venting   b

I'm sorry but it seems to me as if the FMCA program is in a steep learning curve for whatever reason. As I recall, someone posted they called FMCA RSA for a lock out and was told "thats not covered for motorhomes" but then a few weeks later they recanted their story. I'm not prepared to go with any company that answers their business number with a message for me to leave a message and we'll get back to you in 24 hours. 

I would agree 100% frustrating to say the least when you want to spend money you really do not want to spend and then get this kind of service, or is this service 

1 hour ago, manholt said:

I'm seeing a trend here, that does not give me a "warm fuzzy feeling"!!! 

Soooo many things going through my mind with Carl C. getting "a warn fuzzy feeling" :wacko:   :P

Herman

7 hours ago, RSBILLEDWARDS said:

I would agree 100% frustrating to say the least when you want to spend money you really do not want to spend and then get this kind of service, or is this service 

its the world today Bill. I sent a roadside service out yesterday for a trailer with no stop lights at a scale house, 3 hours later I get a call they cant figure out what's wrong, here is the response "its not the tractor, we have stop lamp signal coming down the cord, and its not the trailer either, those lights will light up when we send power to each light" :o. It doesn't take a mechanic to see where the problem is but he couldn't understand. I'm certain when I got done with that guy he went home and is considering a career change.

And of course if LEO is involved they will often step in long before any roadside assistance program even has time to pick up the phone. When our previous coach was involved in an accident, the trooper only allowed me about 5 minutes to try and get in touch with a tow. After that he stepped in and contacted their local go-to guy who showed up before I could even get roadside assistance on the phone.

Oftentimes reality trumps whatever plans we make. I do what I can to be prepared, and then I try my best not to stress when things turn out differently.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:57 AM, elkhartjim said:

I really would like to hear from someone who has experience with the service. Just because its $69 doesn't mean much if the service equates to the cost.

Ian hinted he is a user but has not mentioned if he has had experience using it and apparently nobody on this forum has any experience with this program.

I attempted to use FMCA Roadside Rescue on Thursday July 26, 2018 for a tow for my tow vehicle. The tow was four(4) miles to a repair facility. I was informed that there would be a $79.00 charge. This was my first time using the service. I refused the service and cancelled the next day. I had been enrolled for four(4) months. I was told that I would get a $41.97 refund mailed in ten to fifteen days. 

Remember RV owners, you get what you pay for. CHEAP RV insurance of any kind is not a bargain.

Good Morning,

My apologies for those who feel  you received incorrect information.  With so many RVers on the road we run into unique situations almost daily, so it's difficult to have answers for every single one.  That said, If you have any doubts or are uncertain about anything please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly.  You can also call the administrative and general inquiries number at Vehicle Administrative Services - (877) 581-8581

Additionally, we've added a Roadside Checklist to the website.  Hopefully this will help reduce the anxiety of having to call for service during a stressful roadside incident.  The Roadside Checklist is available on the following page: https://site.fmca.com/fmca-roadside-rescue

Sincerely,

Dan Ball,

Director of Membership & Marketing

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:06 AM, jleamont said:

its the world today Bill. I sent a roadside service out yesterday for a trailer with no stop lights at a scale house, 3 hours later I get a call they cant figure out what's wrong, here is the response "its not the tractor, we have stop lamp signal coming down the cord, and its not the trailer either, those lights will light up when we send power to each light" :o. It doesn't take a mechanic to see where the problem is but he couldn't understand. I'm certain when I got done with that guy he went home and is considering a career change.

It could not have been the connection between the tractor and trailer, they don't go bad.:wub:

Mdavis3310.   Welcome to the Forum!

Next time you have a problem with your toad.  Call your car insurance company...your paying for roadside assist in your policy!  Same goes for 90+% of RV insurance!  Most of us forget that...:o:blink:

4 hours ago, dball said:

Good Morning,

My apologies for those who feel  you received incorrect information.  With so many RVers on the road we run into unique situations almost daily, so it's difficult to have answers for every single one.  That said, If you have any doubts or are uncertain about anything please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly.  You can also call the administrative and general inquiries number at Vehicle Administrative Services - (877) 581-8581

Additionally, we've added a Roadside Checklist to the website.  Hopefully this will help reduce the anxiety of having to call for service during a stressful roadside incident.  The Roadside Checklist is available on the following page: https://site.fmca.com/fmca-roadside-rescue

Sincerely,

Dan Ball,

Director of Membership & Marketing

How do I print out the list? Viewing on line doesn’t cut it when on the road. Maybe you need to list it here. 

2 hours ago, rossboyer said:

How do I print out the list? Viewing on line doesn’t cut it when on the road. Maybe you need to list it here. 

If you're talking about the roadside checklist, its a printable pdf file.

On 8/2/2018 at 0:25 PM, manholt said:

Mdavis3310.   Welcome to the Forum!

Next time you have a problem with your toad.  Call your car insurance company...your paying for roadside assist in your policy!  Same goes for 90+% of RV insurance!  Most of us forget that...:o:blink:

One issue to consider with insurance roadside assistance; each call is logged as an incident and ultimately effects your rates. One year my daughter had three calls for a low battery and the following year my rates jumped almost $150.

With respect to available service and costs, I used to have GS until they raised their rates and reduced coverage. I found Allstate Roadside Assistance, at $69. They cover the motorhome and all vehicles, no limits to towing and all the other coverages. They tried to raise the price and I requested and received the prior year’s price each year thereafter. I’m staying with Allstate but will switch to FMCA if Allstate discontinues the level of coverage or the sis ounted orice.

I'm not familiar with the last 3 words & I speak 7 languages! :)

I had Allstate, left for personal reasons, now have State Farm & get what you have.  Had USAA on every thing I owned, for 48 years, now they are just another expensive insurance company! :wacko:

On 8/2/2018 at 2:39 PM, rossboyer said:

On 8/2/2018 at 4:45 PM, elkhartjim said:

If you're talking about the roadside checklist, its a printable pdf file.

I logged in with my computer and printed the list it is totally unreadable. The pictures and text overlay each other. 

On 12/8/2017 at 7:34 AM, IanBullock said:

At $69 a year, I would give FMCA Roadside assist a try. Its definitely one of the best values out there and includes all services offered by others like GS and then some.

Also it not only covers your MH, but all of your other vehicles. 

A great deal!

I just got off the phone with FMCA roadside Assistance, and it was one of the worse experiences of my life.  I need my coach towed to a certified Cummins diesel repair facility for a major repair.  I explained everything to the dispatcher and told her where I have an appointment.  She said it would cost me $220 for the tow.  I asked why and she said there were closer repair facilities.  When I asked for the list she gave about 4 car dealers and a couple of Mobile RV Repair companies.  I explained to her that these companies would not be able to do the work she said that is what the computer shows.  I then asked to speak to a supervisor and she basically said the same thing.  I told her in my contract it states the vehicle will be towed to the nearest qualified repair facility, she said she had no knowledge of what my contract said.

So do not switch your Roadside assistance, because this company is really bad.

dkontz6234,

My apologies you had such a terrible experience.  I will send you my direct line in a private message.  Please give me a call so I can make sure I understand exactly what happened and then I will reach out to my contacts at SafeRide to see what might be able to be done.

Sincerely,

Dan Ball, Director of Membership & Marketing