jeff753

Proposed Change: Electronic Voting In Addition To USPS

Looking for comments on this Proposed Change to FMCA's Goverance 

"Whereas the Governance of the Association is of utmost importance, whereas all methods of secure voting that encourage the casting of ballots are appropriate, therefor be it resolved all members shall be allowed to submit their ballot via secure paper ballot or a secure electronic method."

How does a member submit a proposed change?  What are the Timelines?

Hello Jeff,

Proposals to amend the FMCA Constitution may be initiated by the Governing Board, the Constitution and Bylaws Committee, the Executive Board, or by a petition signed by twenty memberships. 

The text of the proposed amendment, along with rationale, must be submitted in writing. 

Please indicate which Article you would like to amend. 

The deadline to submit a proposed change is January 1 of the year in which they are to be considered by the Governing Board.

47 minutes ago, pennyg said:

Hello Jeff,

Proposals to amend the FMCA Constitution may be initiated by the Governing Board, the Constitution and Bylaws Committee, the Executive Board, or by a petition signed by twenty memberships. 

The text of the proposed amendment, along with rationale, must be submitted in writing. 

Please indicate which Article you would like to amend. 

The deadline to submit a proposed change is January 1 of the year in which they are to be considered by the Governing Board.

Perfect. Thank you Penny.  Have a nice weekend!  

Penny,

Can signatures for this amendment be collected electronically (e-mail) or must they be on hard copy?

Said another way, how can we most easily implement moving forward with electronic voting as an additional method to USPS?

Thanks.

The exact wording must be spelled out clearly to the Article they wish to amend.  It must show all changes. 

They can share that file electronically, sign it as a petitioner, scan it, and send it by email. 

We need each person's name printed, a signature, and a membership number so we can verify they are active members.

Hope this helps!

The email address to send in the petitions is dmitts@fmca.com.

Actually, after Jeff (and hopefully others with governance experience to help style it) writes it, Jeff can post it here. 

Any FMCA member can copy it.

Add the following:

1.We need each person's name printed name

2. A signature

3. Your membership number so we can verify you are active members

Then scan into an e-mail to dmitts@fmca.com

When she has received 20, she can post here, or let me know and I can post that and lock the thread.  Should only take an hour or so after the Amendment is posted.

Jeff, let us know if you need help styling it-- I am sure that there are some here with governance experience.

On 12/9/2017 at 7:59 PM, RedLdr1 said:

Please send it to me for one of the 20 signatures....

Thanks and Will do.  We have plenty of volunteers on the Energized/u60 Facebook group too but obviously the more signatory’s we have the better.  

On 12/8/2017 at 3:10 PM, pennyg said:

The exact wording must be spelled out clearly to the Article they wish to amend.  It must show all changes. 

They can share that file electronically, sign it as a petitioner, scan it, and send it by email. 

We need each person's name printed, a signature, and a membership number so we can verify they are active members.

Hope this helps!

The email address to send in the petitions is dmitts@fmca.com.

We have submitted well over the required signatures to put all three proposals on the Agenda for Gillette. Thank you everyone for the support!!

After the new year we will set up threads to continue the discussions.  Everyone benefits from inclusion!!! 

8 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

No Jeff, I think jimnorman want you to mail him the proposals.:rolleyes::D

Herman

Sorry Jeff, the Devil made me do it.:wub:

Nope, I got them on line, printed them out, scanned them in and emailed them back! Herman, I am no Luddite, I even got me a brand new 8-track so I can listen to my music!

1 hour ago, manholt said:

OK. Now, it will go to committee. 

Carl is correct. Before it goes on the Gillette agenda, the proposed items will have to go to the constitution&bylaws committee and then to the executive board for their recomendations

The comment about Jim wanting it mailed (Jim and I knew better since it was our exchange) was meant as a joke by Herman.  Obviously mail wouldn't be received by Jan 1....Thus the smiley faces.  Jim asked me for something and I responded with it.    Everyone knew mailing was not an option to get them in by Jan 1 and Penny had set up the electronic process. 

2 hours ago, dons2346 said:

Carl is correct. Before it goes on the Gillette agenda, the proposed items will have to go to the constitution&bylaws committee and then to the executive board for their recomendations

Who would recommend against the inclusion, to replace the current exclusion, of dues paying members? Who would recommend against members having an equal voice in the governance of OUR Association?

Who would recommend against all dues paying members having a vote for elected officers of our Association?  And why would they?

We are all FMCA members. Maybe I'm missing it but I don't see inclusion as a problem but rather a solution.  

The FMCA is required to have a Strategic Plan. The current strategic plan recognizes fewer and fewer members belong to chapters (section C) and directed the Long Range Planning Committee to review the Goverance and adapt for the future (section F). 

That is the work before us.  Let us begin that work of inclusion.

https://www.fmca.com/images/stories/pdf/strategicplan.pdf

Jeff,

You have continued to repeat yourself time and time again both here and on the last topic that was closed. You are being condescending to anyone that does not agree with you. Keep it up and this topic will also be shut down.

Now please, you said that you had enough signatures to have it put on the Gillette Agenda. Now lets get back to the reason for this Forum, to help others with issues. 

Thank you and I will now step down off my soap box. 

Jeff753.

I certainly hope your not.  If you list your coach information below your signature, it would be easier to help you, like we did after Springfield, Ma. Rally! :D

Have a great 2018.

Carl

OK, posts ON-TOPIC are very welcome.

Personal comments/attacks are NOT.

Really don't want to shut this one down.

Thanks.