bernhardbus@verizon.net

We're Not Getting Any Younger ...

Do you have pictures of your work? You could post them in a forum entry or in the photo section. Be sure to include some description of what we are seeing. Before and after pictures would really be nice. I don't need this done with our coach ... yet! I'm sure we have members who would be interested.

Do you think there is a need for converting coaches for handicap accesssiblity since we don't seem to be getting any younger? :rolleyes:

I've done this on a few of our coaches, with good results.

Accessible bathrooms, wheelchair lifts, overhead lifts, etc.

Thanks for the suggestion. We will do that!

I have seen some Fleetwoods converted this way before so there must be a need for it. Sure wouldn't want to give up the RV lifestyle if I ended up in a wheelchair. Thankfully I'm not there yet.

I have seen some Fleetwoods converted this way before so there must be a need for it. Sure wouldn't want to give up the RV lifestyle if I ended up in a wheelchair. Thankfully I'm not there yet.

I have multiple sclerosis and utilize an Amigo scooter as my "legs." We are having our new Fleetwood Revolution converted with a lift and redoing the bathroom for my specific needs. We're so excited!

I have multiple sclerosis and utilize an Amigo scooter as my "legs." We are having our new Fleetwood Revolution converted with a lift and redoing the bathroom for my specific needs. We're so excited!

That sounds great we have been very happy with Braun lift systems and have even installed some overhead Waverly Glen lift systems to help with transfers. Let us know if we can be of any help.Best of Luck!

We spent a small fortune outfitting our Newmar Kountry Star deisel to accomodate my son's power wheelchair. We have a mid-entry coach, so we had the main door replaced and widened, and added an ARM LIFT. We now how no need for the lift and have removed it. If anyone has a need for it, or would like to discuss what all is involved in adding a lift of this type to your coach, I'd be more than happy to discuss it. We live in Indy, so the close proximity to Elkhart made this possible.

If you have a front entry coach you have some serious modification issues, and would probably need to add a "Braun" type lift. They are located in Indiana as well so they are a good resource if you're starting to investigate this process.

I also modified two different vans with lifts, and still have a perfectly good Atlas lift that is used for lifting a power chair into the back of a van. We used it in an Astro Van and it worked great.

I'm not sure of the forum rules, but if permissable, you can contact me through the forum or offline at dneeld@fullerengr.com. I remember the frustration of trying to find resources and get answers, so I'd be more than happy to help out if you have a need.

Sincerely,

Damian Neeld

Damian,

I would like to chat or communicate with you. My wife also has MS and driving myself nuts trying to figure out a solution to getting her in a RV. I'm in Florida and am having a hard time finding the proper lift, will also need to lower the bed and fix the shower. It's our last shot at travel.

Thanks,

Len

Len,

You might send him a PM (Private Message).

Click on the person's name on the left side of their post. Then click on "Send me a message".

Brett

Guest BillAdams

There is always a need. The question is whether the need is large enough to be a business. If this is something you would like to do as a sideline or hobby then you likely cannot go wrong (as long as you can afford the necessary insurance).

I just got home from the mod shop, I went to price a manlift installed on my '99 PaceArrow.

My wife fell out of the RV and landed on her back--Now she can't navigate the steps in our Class A.

I'm looking at a lift, and some mod. on the shower pan so she dosen't need to lift her legs as much as needed.

After the mech. and I spent 2 hours trying to find the least expensive route, we are looking at around $4,000.

I'm not sure I can justify the costs because we are living on our SS.

If I can find someone that would like to trade their TT and TV (truck)title for title I think the lower floor would solve the problem, the second choice would be a toyhauler and truck, leaving the ramp in the back.

Anyone have any ideas of other actions I can take I need help.

Thanks Larry

Anyone:

I'd like to replace tub unit & glass doors in '97 Tropi Cal 235 with shower unit to accommodate a cancer patient. Saw a 24 wide shower unit in 32 foot Class A at SEA rally in Brooksville that might work but forgot brand. Would appreciate any ideas or suggestions that don't cost a fortune. Max space available is 24" X 45" X 79" H.

Anyone:

I'd like to replace tub unit & glass doors in '97 Tropi Cal 235 with shower unit to accommodate a cancer patient. Saw a 24 wide shower unit in 32 foot Class A at SEA rally in Brooksville that might work but forgot brand. Would appreciate any ideas or suggestions that don't cost a fortune. Max space available is 24" X 45" X 79" H.

Welcome to the Forum.

You might start by going to the websites for the manufacturers who were at the even and look at their offerings in the 32' range.

Hopefully someone else will remember the coach or have a link to a shower stall manufacturer.

Brett

There are many modifications out there. Newmar makes a Canyon Star gas model with full wheelchair accessibility. They made 3 Allstar diesels several years ago, including ours, but cut off production due to economic difficulties but are now geared up to resume production in a gas unit and more affordable. Check out this link.

There is bound to be an increasing demand for this type of accessibility as we all age even if we are not in wheelchairs and especially if we are. I applaud Newmar and any other manufacturer for tooling up for this. I hope they sell enough to justifty continued production. We are questioned all the time when we travel as to the availability of such a unit.

Don

I'm definitely with the getting older crowd. Just got our first coach, Class A diesel but am really having trouble getting the wife up the steps. Once inside she can use a walker, but I would really appreciate recommendations from some of you with much more RV experience than I on how to get her access. Don't need wheelchair access, just some way to get her up the steps.

We just purchased our first Class A, and need to adapt for our 2 disabled sons to get into the RV. I am looking at Coach Lift, and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on this or any other options.

Thanks!

Thanks Rich! I was curious about the Coach Lift specifically as we have a local dealer. Wasn't sure if any of the member used that system and what their opinions of it were. Can't wait to get on the road!