Reeltachy

Invoice Pricing From Freightliner/Chrysler

Im looking to purchase a tow vehicle very soon.  I have a DP with a Frieghtliner chassis.  Has anybody used the 1% below invoice pricing on Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge offered by Frieghtliner.  Curious as to pitfalls and experiences.  Thanks,

Welcome.

Freightliner and all the other vehicles is owned by Daimler!  1% below who's invoice?  Example = $40,000 is $400!

Yes, 1% of $40,000 is $400, if the window stick is $60,000 and $40,000 was invoice pricing, you would buy the vehicle for $39,600.

Totally agree..."IF".  That's why I asked.  Have never heard of a "None Flooded New Car/Truck", going for Dealer Invoice or less...same with Factory Invoice!  MSRP discount, YES.

The invoiced price is not what the dealer pays for vehicles. There are a number of discounts off invoice. Such as dated billing, quantiy discounts, delivery adjustments, last year vehicles the list goes on. 

Herman 

I bought my last two Jeeps through this program. I paid the dealer invoice cost less the 1%. The dealer retains the hold back and any other special incentives. When I bought my 2016 Wrangler, Daimler had a coupon rebate program and I received the 1% below invoice and then, as I recall, a $500 rebate after that. To use the $40,000 example, I got $400 (1%) off of dealer invoice and a additional $500 rebate thanks to the FCOC program. I believe the program is available for most of the Daimler products including the Mercedes line. 

2 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

I bought my last two Jeeps through this program. I paid the dealer invoice cost less the 1%. The dealer retains the hold back and any other special incentives. When I bought my 2016 Wrangler, Daimler had a coupon rebate program and I received the 1% below invoice and then, as I recall, a $500 rebate after that. To use the $40,000 example, I got $400 (1%) off of dealer invoice and a additional $500 rebate thanks to the FCOC program. I believe the program is available for most of the Daimler products including the Mercedes line. 

Thx

10 hours ago, Hermanmullins said:

The invoiced price is not what the dealer pays for vehicles. There are a number of discounts off invoice. Such as dated billing, quantiy discounts, delivery adjustments, last year vehicles the list goes on. 

Herman 

Of course that's not what the dealer pays or the program would be a customer paying 1% less than the dealer paid.  I don't think anyone thinks that's how the program works.

I don't believe it is misleading.  There is an invoice price and offering a deal at 1% below invoice is a legitimate offer.

With all due respect, Carl, what word would you use to replace invoice? Bill? The copy of the piece paper I received says Factory Invoice. 

Henson Jeep in Madisonville is very familiar with the plan. I did my purchase over the phone, drove up when the Jeep came, signed the paperwork and drove my new Jeep home with a copy of what Daimler calls a Factory Invoice.  

Yup, having been in the automobile business for my whole career, I can tell you that INVOICE absolutely does mean something.

And that it rarely represents the actual cost of the vehicle.

But it is an excellent "reference point".

Exactly, the dealers have the hold back money, number of unit discounts, number of units bonuses, etc. Plus, the infamous F&I profit center. As Brett stated, "it is an excellent reference point".

I would love to see the manufacturer's invoice on our motorhomes...errr, to stay politically correct, recreational vehicle.

I have purchased 5 Jeeps using this program over the last 20 or so years. It appears to me  that this program gets the purchase  price down about 10% under the sticker, with no haggling. Any haggling that is done concerns any trade-in that you might have. If you can sell your trade yourself, you will obviously come out ahead. We were fulltiming when we made most of the deals, and I wasn't interested in hanging around to sell my trade. If I do it again, I surely will sell the trade myself. Consider that in most states, if you sell your trade and apply the money received to the new purchase, then you will pay 3 - 10% sales tax on the money you received on your "Trade". On my last Jeep, that would have amounted to over $1,000. Would have been $3000 in some other states.

30 minutes ago, manholt said:

No personal tax in Texas!

Yup, 6.25% on taxable difference (price of new less price of trade-in).  So, yes, trading in saves 6.25% vs selling on your own. Clearly, if you can't get more than 6.25% over trade-in value....

If you have a buyer for your coach and he has the cash or financing you can work a deal with the dealer you are buying from. The dealer can make your deal with your coach saving the 6.25% (in Texas) on the trade in. He will turn around and Sell your coach to the person that wants to purchase it at the trade in price plus the cost of doing the Paper work. We did this many time when I was in the boat business. The only one that may loose would be the State, but they would still get the tax on the trade in. We generally charged the trade in purchaser around $300.00. 

Herman 

On 12/9/2017 at 6:07 AM, hermanmullins said:

Herman 

Not only that but the year end kickback for total vehicles sold, thats why dealerships are eager to wholesale large number of vehicles to up the count.

On 12/8/2017 at 8:03 PM, Reeltachy said:

Im looking to purchase a tow vehicle very soon.  I have a DP with a Frieghtliner chassis.  Has anybody used the 1% below invoice pricing on Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge offered by Frieghtliner.  Curious as to pitfalls and experiences.  Thanks,

My understanding is you must be a Freightliner Club member to get the discount.

If you can't use the Freightliner program, there are other similar programs through Costco or Motus (formerly Runzheimer). I used the Costco program for our 2015 Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel purchase.