rayin

FMCA Roadside Assistance

Wife and I discussed joining the roadside assistance program @ $69/yr. I've attempted to call Saferide customer service (877) 581-8581. No-one answers the phone, it rings about 8 times then a recording says to leave a message and someone will call back within 24 hrs. This is unacceptable for any customer service department in my opinion, if they actually want to sell their product. No wonder it only costs $69 if this is an example of their service to contract holders.

I  phoned FMCA membership in hope they could answer my questions, but the man said they are not connected with Saferide in any way. The only way to obtain answers is to contact Saferide directly. Looks like we'll be staying with Good Sam ERS since Saferide does not answer their phone.

Hi Ray,

My name is Dan Ball and I'm the Director of Membership & Marketing here at FMCA.  My apologies for the trouble you've had trying to sign up.  I would personally like to reach out to SafeRide on your behalf.  When you get a chance can you please give me a call at 513-388-5319 so I can gather your contact info to pass to SafeRide?

Sincerely,

Dan

Sounds like you'll just give them my information and they will/might call me within 24 hrs., I wanted the information today. My phone number is unpublished for a specific reason. If Saferide customer service does not care to answer their phones directly, to me it is a sign of how much they actually care about customer service. I will attempt to phone Saferide customer service again, if a person does not answer, I'm done. I wonder about a current policy holder requesting assistance now. I already know about customer service at GS., yes it's more expensive, and I get to talk to a person on the first call.

This reminds me of all the difficulties posted with the tech services , Mr. Smith is monitoring. I understand FMCA is merely a broker with these companies, and thus has no control over their operations.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I just left a message as well  with the customer service # 877-581-8581 (12/11/17)  to get additional information regarding coverage and details on Towing "to the nearest qualified repair center" and mileage limits  ... we'll see if I get a call back and how long.  Is their roadside assistance number a voice mail or is it manned and answered by live operators? 

I did not call the roadside assistance number, only the customer service number. It was an automated msg. Perhaps I should have called the current member roadside assistance number, but I guessed they would have simply transferred me to the customer service automated msg. again.

I tried CS again this evening, recording said they are closed until Monday morning, obviously Fridays make a long weekend for Saferide customer service. Tomorrow I'll call their ERS number, if they answer their phone. Mr. Ball, did Saferide CS ever return your phone call?

Morning Ray,

I have not reached out to them as I was expecting a phone call from you first. 

As stated previously, I am more than happy to reach out on your behalf.  I have the cell number of the Vice President of National Sales and am in contact with him regularly.  I will ask him to personally give you a call if you would like.  But I need your contact info first.  

I can assure you they are aware and understand the perception it presents when a member and/or potential member calls and has to leave a voicemail.  They have assured me they are working to address this.  

Furthermore, I understand you desire to call, particularly if you have questions, but please also note you can sign up online at https://www.fmca.com/benefits/fmca-roadassist.html (must be logged in to fmca.com) or you can call our Membership Department at 800-543-3622 and we are more than happy to assist.

Sincerely,

Dan

I have always wondered why FMCA people, have to hide behind another name that is not your own?  Larry Pennington is Dan Ball.  Does that also mean that Dan Ball, is really someone else?

12 minutes ago, manholt said:

I have always wondered why FMCA people, have to hide behind another name that is not your own?  Larry Pennington is Dan Ball.  Does that also mean that Dan Ball, is really someone else?

How about this scenario:  Dan Ball is an FMCA staff member, but did not have an FMCA Forum registration?

Larry Pennington IS on FMCA IT staff (I have worked with him on IT issues), so a likely candidate for quickly posting information from another staff member. Yes, his REAL NAME.

A lot less complex than having every FMCA staff member have to log in, sign up, etc.

I always wonder why someone named Carl hides behind the name Manholt.  If you want to lay it all out there your forum name should be your name (like mine) and no one would be confused.  That applies to FMCA, FMCA members and all other posters (like me, again).

BillA.  I agree with you 100%!  My born and on my Citizenship papers name is Carl U. Manholt Christensen !  A lot of my investments are in the name without Christensen and without Manholt....you want confusion, my inherited companies out side America is in the name of Holterman!

So, you see, I'm not hiding behind anything! :P

Personally, I try not to identify myself in a public, searchable forum. My employment used to require my name be known. My name is just unique enough, with location knowledge, to find me. One disgruntled customer, currently a guest of us taxpayers at a federal institution, made threats against me and my family. The person was easily able to get my address. It took quite some time to scrub as best anyone can do. There are still some old posts I cannot scrub, but they are not as easily discerned. 

So my choice is just enough online anonymity to keep the nuts away, while allowing me to participate. I have disclosed my information in private communication.

My problem, for certain, not others, but unless you walk in my shoes, I think a blanket statement that using a moniker is hiding, is not appreciated. This sort of tatic (implying those who do not use their actual name are hiding) could be why many members don't participate at all. Unless the post ability is tied to paid members, we are all anonymous.

Dp26.

If it's aimed at me.  Your life and employment was your choice!  If that placed you in the Public Eye, you should have known that going in...so, a "walk in your shoes", only applies to you and others, who also chose your career path. :D

I am sorry that someone included your family, that's unacceptable!  If anyone out there want's a piece of me, also about 2 dozen others on this Forum, I'll give him/her or them directions to either one off my homes!  Nope, I'm no Rambo...I'm also not paranoid !  As Mark Twain said...There are 3 types of people, "The ones who learn by doing, the ones who learn by watching and the ones who just have to pee on the electric fence! :rolleyes:  

After much thought, I'll forgo joining FMCA roadside assistance. I'll remain a member only for the emergency medical assist program.

Now to these personal attacks. IMO it is reverse horn-blowing-ie; deride someone to make ones-self look better.

Carl, lock this thread please. I'll converse with Mr. Bell via phone.

Ray, welcome to 2018.

If I could, I would....but that's up to our leader, Brett.

That's Mr. Ball, not Bell.