ispjs

Full Timing Annual CG Fees

Joe, have been to FL many times in late January and February....unless your on the line between Homestead to Captiva Island and South to the Key's, your going to have some frozen weeks!  Pirates week in Tampa and Strawberry Festival in February, Plant City, can and have been in the 25-30 degree range! :)

I can't argue with you, we're having a cool spell right now.  I cancelled out on golf today, rain showers and cloudy skies.  Sun and 70's tomorrow.  We had a touch of snow, just white on the top of the grass, Friday, December 8.  That was our first real cool spell for the winter.

The one on Christmas 2004, stuck around on Galveston for 2 days...7 inches between the night of 24th to morning of 25th...absolutely beautiful.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:39 AM, manholt said:

Joe, have been to FL many times in late January and February....unless your on the line between Homestead to Captiva Island and South to the Key's, your going to have some frozen weeks!  Pirates week in Tampa and Strawberry Festival in February, Plant City, can and have been in the 25-30 degree range! :)

We have been doing winter vacations in Florida almost every year since 1982.  Always Sarasota and further south.  Have never experienced any temps in the low 30's.  In the last few years living down here (Cape Coral/Ft. Myers area) we have had a few nights where it got down to low 40's but almost always recovered to 70 or above.  I think there is a line where you have to be south of for warmer weather in Florida, but IMHO it runs from Sarasota over to Ft. Pierce.   Anything south of there you are good all winter.

Back in about 1985 time frame my son has pictures of him walking out 200 feet off of the Texas City Dike and in Galveston Bay. It had definitely iced over.