tomsol

Need Side Camera Parts

We purchased a very nice low mile 2006 Safari Trek 28RB2 in Washington state. The first trip bringing it home to Langley BC, I damage the passenger side mounted Camera housing, no damage to the camera, it still functions, about 1 week later one of the neighbors hit the drivers side mounted camera housing with his truck, which broke off a large piece of the glass camera lens, that camera also still functions.

I would like to know where I can purchase a new housing for the passenger side camera and also purchase a new lens for the drivers side camera. Any leads would be much appreciated.

Safari was part of Monaco at the time your coach was manufactured.  You could contact them and see if they can help you.  Their customer service line is 877-466-6226.  The line is still active, ask for the parts department.  They may have information on your coach and be able to help you get replacement parts.  When I have called they always ask for the last six digits of the Mfg. serial number (not the VIN) If that doesn't work, you may have to try salvage yards.  There are a number of them devoted to RV's that are located around the country.  The link here will get you to an extensive list of those salvage yards.  You can also search for other articles regarding salvage parts by putting that in the search slot on the FMCA forum page, top right.  Specify Topics under the search criteria (on the left) and that will get you dozens of discussions on salvage parts and possibly some other references.  The salvage yard, Colaw, is widely used by people that I know.  They do ship parts and stand behind them if there is a problem.

One of the largest salvage yards, VISONS,  just go to their webpage.  you can send a picture to them and they will match you part.  With a little luck they will have one off of coach that matches yours.

Jim

Tomsol,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Monaco/Safari did not make the camera and very unlikely they made the side camera housing.

See if you can find a brand on any of the camera equipment. If not, can you post a picture?

May be  a more reasonable source than trying to find one in an RV wrecking yard.

Tomsol. Welcome!

Is the cameras mounted on the outside rear view mirrors or are they stand alone on each side of coach? 

In either event you can get a new system for $16 to $100 from Amazon or EBay,

Tomsol, I highly recommend you post this question on Trek Tracks (http://www.trektraxs.com/)

That site is dedicated to supporting Treks and Trek owners.  It's a must for Trek owners.  You'll need to request membership but requests are closely monitored and you should receive acknowledgement soon after requesting.