Sign in to follow this  
Roadrunner2

Recent Upgrade To Residential Fridge

Recently upgraded to residential fridge. Have 2 ac power outlets. Inverter ac and gen/shorepower ac. Installer used inverter. Has anyone installed a transfer between the 2 sources just for the fridge? Mine stays plugged into shore power in RV garage more than we travel ( travel maybe 10 weeks or so a year ). Seems like using the inverter plug is working the inverter and batteries a lot unnecessarily. Also will require more constant monitoring of battery water. Looking for experts thoughts. TIA

Depending on which inverter/charger you have, you are likely just fine.

Most have a built in transfer switch.  So, when the inverter/charger sees 120 VAC from either shore power or generator, it "passes through" that power to all circuits downstream.  It also charges the batteries.

So, it is really not "inverting" to power the outlet when on shore power.

Again this is how most are wired-- what inverter/charger do you have?

I believe that was the same inverter I had in my 2008 Fleetwood Bounder. Mine was a pure sine wave. I kept my Samsung residential refer plugged in to the the inverter outlet for 3 years with no negative issues.

44 minutes ago, Hermanmullins said:

Just as Jim said, Our Samsung has been on the inverter 24/7 since we put it in September 2105. Nary a blip

Hope we all get to see it work Herman!:rolleyes: Merry Christmas to all.