slowe

Michelin Tire Gone Square

I had been hearing an uncomfortable noise coming from my front driver side tire.  When the wheel was turned I could see at least two places where the tire was bald and appeared to be square. Obviously this was creating the thumping sound I heard. All the tires were installed the same time and air maintained with my via compressor. The other 5 tires all seem good with plenty of tread, even looking new. Has anyone experienced a situation like this? They are 22 inch tires on my 06 bounder.

Square?  Last time I had one, was pre Radial & Steel Belted.  Yea, DOT Number and how long have you had them, also I think it's 22.5 tires, not 22. What brand are they?

Depending on where the bald spots are, it either an alignment problem or balance problem. Any noticeable vibration or pulling left or right?

I'm assuming you have Michelins since its in the title of the thread.

How long does it take to make square tires?  Would you not notice that you have a bad problem going down the road?

6 hours ago, slowe said:

I had been hearing an uncomfortable noise coming from my front driver side tire.  When the wheel was turned I could see at least two places where the tire was bald and appeared to be square. Obviously this was creating the thumping sound I heard. All the tires were installed the same time and air maintained with my via compressor. The other 5 tires all seem good with plenty of tread, even looking new. Has anyone experienced a situation like this? They are 22 inch tires on my 06 bounder.

Why did you wait so long to fix an obvious problem? 

Bill

Localized wear could also be a sign of impending failure due to belt separation. Can you post pictures of the worn areas? Best if you can turn the wheels full and get the locations of interest in full sunlight. The picture needs to capture the full width of the tread. Close enough to just get the tread is best.

Scold?

BillA.  I don't think WBill meant to, just came out that way!  That's why I try to re read, what I write...some times I get ahead of myself...has happened. :(:)

Not being condescending to anyone but remember we are driving a rolling earthquake down some of the roughest roads known to man :o:wacko:. With all of the bouncing and cross winds it is a wonder we are able to talk let alone determine a squeak, rumble or pull when going down the road. :huh:

Now get ready for everyone wishing you a Happy New Year. So Let me Start,

Happy New Year!!

Herman

Found the problem to be a result of weight coming off and the tire out of balance. Called FMCA Michelin , and replaced the tire. Please try to leave sarcastic remarks off the site and deal with solutions.

Thanks

Well, Sir.  When we don't hear back from OP after asking questions and giving suggestions.........

Nice to get an answer to the problem!

Good Luck