TimeTraveler

Where Fruit Cake Comes From :)

I am a firm believer that there was only one Fruit Cake ever made and has passed around world from folks to folks since they put King Tut in his tomb. It came to the Americas as ballast on the Mayflower.   :(

Herman

Collins Bakery in Corsicana, Texas is world renowned for their Fruit Cake...It's the only one I will eat, not a brick!  My family in Norway and in Sweden, get's a couple every year! :)

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Collins Bakery in Corsicana, Texas is world renowned for their Fruit Cake...It's the only one I will eat, not a brick!  My family in Norway and in Sweden, get's a couple every year! :)

Yes one of the only ones I have has that I thought was edible.

Bill

As a young child around 6 or 7, my Grandmother was making Fruit Cakes. I ate sooo much of the candied fruit that I was sick  for three days. And to this day I can't stand the sight of Fruit Cake. Even the ones my mother made and put in the attic for several weeks wrapped in a towel soaked in Rum. 

Hope everyone is full and relaxing.

Herman  

In addition to Collins Street bakery, try Elienberger's Bakery in Palestine, TX.

Love good fruit cake especially when it is liberally anointed with brandy or rum.

Ken