Sign in to follow this  
BillAdams

Thanks, It's Been Fun

It has been suggested by a few here, including some very long timers, that it may be time for me to go.  I think I must finally agree.  There are some silly topics about new legislation and no topic seems to be able to remain on topic unless the moderator jumps in to bring the repeat offenders back in line (including me from time to time).

I have already made the decision not to rejoin FMCA due to the recent change of business plan so unless I find that I must rejoin to get a better deal on my tires in the future or FMCA offers a benefit that some of us younger (not young) folks might take advantage of I guess it time.  I think the 4-5 folks that stomp on every topic with random unrelated comments is one of the biggest reasons but I also feel like I really don't have as much to contribute these days as I might have in the past.

I will be signing out for now but I will still visit from time to time.  I don't think I will be missed and I don't expect anyone to try to get me to stay.  It will be interesting to see where this business goes in the future.  I don't foresee good things unless there is a complete overhaul and the acceptance that what has now been created is "just another Good Sam" but with less benefits.  If someone finally comes to that realization there may be hope for this business as they will try to be competitive to those businesses that have been doing this for many, many years.

My very best to everyone, but especially to Brett for his hard work on the forum, his offers of help and his wealth of knowledge.  He should be treasured as he is likely the #1 reason this is such a great forum.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and I wish everyone the very best in the New Year.

Sorry to see you go, your advice and imput has been helpful to me. Have a great New Years and don’t be a stranger around here.

Roland

Bill A.  As Roland and Herman...I will miss you!  Yes, I have stepped on your toes and you mine, but if I remember, you and I had a rather lengthy PM at one time!  Hope you have a great 2018 and PM me anytime! :)

Bill  In spite of how you feel you are added value here. Quirky perhaps, most of us are not exempt. I for one have found your attitude just fine it takes all kinds to make a picture complete.

In Bill's defense of leaving, If we all wrote our responses as though we were the ones receiving them there would be a lot more civility in how they were written in the first place. I try diligently to write with courtesy and with out innuendo, with succinctness and avoid pointing fingers, It does none of us any good when a guy like Bill and his wisdom of electronics leaves and there is not as  good a replacement. 

Bill Edwards

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks and I see now that I have made the right choice.  I will log out for the final time tonight.  Not even a lurk left in me.

Despite what I think of the changes the recent vote will have on FMCA, I wish FMCA the very best.  Many thanks to Brett for a dedication to this forum that I think is pretty unique and definitely under appreciated.

I hope other, newer, forum members will be able to ignore the 4 or 5 posters who stomp on every topic as if it is there own personal Facebook page or wanders so far off topic that Brett has to jump in and spank these bad boys for talking fish when the topic is RVs.

You are all very lucky that Brett is as tolerant as he is and he is truly the only reason I hung in here as long as I did.  In reading that it sounds like some kind of a condemnation but it's not meant that way.  It's simply a matter of differing opinions about how a forum or business should be run and I find that it's time for me to make a left when FMCA took a right.

Safe travels everyone and best wishes to most of you here!:unsure:

Sorry to see you leave. I to have a wait and see about FMCA new position. I joined because of its exclusive Motor Coach. After years of 5er I finally bought MC and  joined only to now be like Good Sam. So I am paid up for about 10 more months will make my final decision before then on whether I will stay or not. Leaning toward not.  Anyway Safe travels to you and wife 

Bill,

Your posts on electronic have been most helpful.  Would be great if you could continue to monitor and contribute to those issues.

With that, I am going to lock this thread-- no need for yet another philosophical discussion on what IS a fait complet.