Sign in to follow this  
rcieslak67

2009 Holiday Rambler Scepter Windshield Wiper Removal

I need to replace my windshield wipers and need some help as to how to remove them for changing. They have a large metal hook that is part of the wiper arm.

There is a hole close to the this hook, is that the release mechanism?

If the Wiper is like I remember, you pull the arm out and then fold the blade back over the arm to you. It should slide out. But sorry I can't be sure without seeing the arm and blade.

Herman

Removing wipers 

Pull arm out, so you can bend wiper back, I use a small screw driver to press down on bottom of J hook and pull whole blade out.  I hope yours are bottom mount, do you have the replacement blade?  Mine are top mount and I just did mine a week ago!

The Blade has a pin at the left end that hols the arm and the right side of the plastic clip locks the blade on the the arm.

Pressing down or sliding a small screw driver under the right between the mattle arm and the plastic clip should release the blade.

Rich.

You did a pretty good job for not knowing how to post a picture.

If I remember, you put a bit of pressure on the blade by pushing it backwards. That should release the button that is holding the blade to the arm. However if you have a new blade there should be some instructions on the back of the package showing the correct method to remove and replace the blade.

Herman

The approach I used last week was to take one off.  Mine do not have the pin and I ended up buying the wrong 32" wiper, they are TRICO but they come in different width at J blade connection.  I took my old one into Auto Zone, they matched it and ordered a set in, the second set fit perfectly and took 2 minutes to change out, I then returned the first set and got my $75 back!

I have found a good source for lots of RV items. Walmart Online. They have good prices and you can pick most items up at the store with no freight and they will have in a couple of days. Just thought some may like to know.

Herman

Not to stray too far off topic but are you guys using 35 inch blades?  I'm thinking I'll go with 31 inch when it's time to replace. Of course if I had Carl and Hermans bucks, I'd just pay someone to do it for me. I'm glad I have bottom mount, Carl. 

Jim S.

You'll get no argument from me about bottom mount.  They do a much better job in the rain and easier to work on!  My blades are 32", I'm thinking a 30" would work better as it would be more stable when rolling.  A lot more wind up above, so mine tends to lift in middle and does not remove the water in a 6" swatch from center of arm! :(

You really have 35"?  That takes a lot of Hamster power.

Mine are 28" blades. Secured with a small 7 mm bolt that also holds the washer head. 

Jim sorry but I do as much of the repairs on the MH as I can. It has saved me a bundle over the years.:D  However I do know when to leave it to the professionals. Besides I don't charge myself $140/Hr.

I do a lot of repairs for folks and have never charged one red cent. I just enjoy helping others. :wub:

Herman

Hermanmullins - I'm in Florida, Pine Island to be exact, I would enjoy a house call and it would be worth a couple of beers at the Ragged *** Saloon in St, James City, just a short 1/2 mile down the road.

Pine Island, I'll take that now...we are frozen in TX.  It's a shame, but I'm busy until 2030! 

Herman.  The odds are really stacked against us even being alive in 2035, much less driving a DP! :wub:LOL.  Unless you got a Cocoon in your pool, you forgot to tell me about. :(