eric@babin.com

Warranty Question: Fleetwood

I was wondering about the exact expiration of warranty.

I purchased my 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 36U on May 28, 2017.  It had 1,060 miles when I purchased it new from MHSRV.

Question:  On a car warranty it starts the day you drive off the lot, so, if the new car has 200 miles on it, the 36,000 mile warranty is good to 36,200 miles.  Are RVs the same?  So my 15,000 mile warranty would expire at 16,060 since I drove it off the showroom floor with 1,060?

Issue #2- Even it the warranty is good to 16,060, it will expire by the time I get to the service facility... by a couple hundred miles.     I've got several problems to be fixed, and they happened while under warranty, but as I said, by the time the coach makes it to the service facility, I'll be slightly over mileage.  Is there a way to have it covered under warranty?

One of my issues is a repeat issue from warranty work in October..... a few thousand miles ago.....  does that make any difference?

I've tried to call Fleetwood customer service, but they are closed until Tuesday.  Just trying to get a head start on some information using the smart people on this forum.

Thank you in advance-

Eric

Eric.

Where are you and where are you going to have the work done?  Also, how many of the 1060 miles was delivery to dealer miles?  Normally, it start's when you purchase unit and you have 15,000 miles.  If warranty work was done in Oct.  Then this is continued work on that item.

Right now I'm in Gulf Shores AL but have an appointment to have the work done at REV Group Alvarado TX on January 18th.     I'd assume all 1,060 miles were delivery miles to the dealer (MHSRV in Alvarado TX).   On google maps it shows about that many miles from the factory to the dealership.

Are you going to drop the coach and leave it, or stay while they do the work?  They should tell you how things work there for each situation.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:32 AM, FIVE said:

Are you going to drop the coach and leave it, or stay while they do the work?  They should tell you how things work there for each situation.

Drop and leave.... although we are "full time" we normally schedule service in Alvarado since the in-laws live nearby and we can stay with them while the work is done.

Here is what I was told by Fleetwood Customer Service.... it's 15,000 miles regardless of how many miles Fleetwood put on it for delivery to the dealership.   I feel sorry for those that buy it in San Diego..... that's a lot of warranty you don't get. 

I'm requesting confirmation of what customer service told me via "contact" on the website.

Here is my question.... if the warranty on miles started at the end of the assembly line, then I guess the "1 year" started then also.... so, you've got 1 year from the day your coach was built.... right?   So if the RV is on the lot for 12 months... too bad... no warranty.

I know for a fact cars don't work that way.... the warranty is 36,000 miles + the number of miles that were on it when you drove it off the lot.   (I know this because I had a Chevy Avalanche that fell into that very small gap and they covered it)

OK.... I have the final answer from Fleetwood!

Miles start at 0 regardless of how far they drove it from the factory to the dealership to deliver it.

Time starts on the date of sale.

(^^^^^ by the way...... if I had simply read the manual I am told it's in there somewhere..... )

My 6 month old RV with 16,000 miles, (1,000 of which from delivery), is technically out of warranty.

With that said..... I do have great news.    The fantastic folks at Fleetwood and REV Group are going to cover the items I've already noted and made an appointment to get repaired!!!!!  They even asked if anything else is needed to be looked at while I'll be there.... why, yes, now that you mention it... my water pump just went out..... their reply "we'll cover it".

Assuming they are true to their word.... I'm really happy with the customer service I'm receiving.

I'll update you guys once we pick it up from REV Group in a couple of weeks!

On 1/4/2018 at 7:09 PM, ERIC@BABIN.COM said:

...Assuming they are true to their word.... I'm really happy with the customer service I'm receiving.

I'll update you guys once we pick it up from REV Group in a couple of weeks!...

So far the only thing you have gotten is "lip" service.   Alvarado is good at that.  If they fix everything, and fix it correctly and on time, that will be much different than my multiple experiences there.

Warranty

Every New Coach I have bought, 5, have started when I signed the papers and gave them the check!  The delivery mileage and demo mileage did not count.  Same goes with all the cars, SUV's and trucks!  I did buy 7 cars that was "Classic Antiques", no warranty on them.  I still have my 1972 Bentley. :D

FINAL ANSWER:  We arrived at the dealer to drop it off with just over 16,000 miles.  "Technically" the warranty had expired since we were over 15,000 miles and the delivery miles count against the mileage warranty.

They could have easily said, "too bad, so sad buckaroo"...... but they did not.    Every item was taken care of under warranty.

Thank you Brian D. at REV Group for working with me on this. Thank you Fleetwood for considering "customer service" more important than making a couple extra bucks. 

Just an FYI - there were several issues I had it in the shop for... guessing, I'd say it would have been $2,000 - $3,000 if I had to pay out of pocket.

I wanted to share a "good news" story with you.   

The bad news..... Next time I'll be on my own... time to shop for an extended warranty I suppose?

4 hours ago, ERIC@BABIN.COM said:

The bad news..... Next time I'll be on my own... time to shop for an extended warranty I suppose?

Much better way is to put the COST of the warranty into a savings account to use if you have a problem. 

Bill