Sign in to follow this  
chadmgorman

Caterpillar Shop Recommendation: Houston Area

Have a 2007 Fleetwood with a C9 Cat. Planning a trip to Alaska this summer and would like someone to go over it and check it out. Live near Montgomery. Am willing to go up to a couple or more hours away for a good shop. We have done all the routine service for engine and chassis(lubes and filters). We changed the serpentine belt. I have not used a shop and read fairly poor reviews. Thanks,

Chad,

Mustang Caterpillar off the east loop as worked on RV's for many years.

Have not been there in a couple of years, so I would give them a call.

Brett.  I would not recommend them.  Linda called them after Chandler Rally, the Service rep was rude, crude and told her, we do trucks nor RV's.  He also said that if she wanted to drop it off, they might get to it in about 3 month's time. :( Linda said that he was African American.

She now use's a mobile service who comes to the ranch!  They did an excellent job. One lives and does Houston area, including Galveston.  The other partner, does and lives in San Antonio and goes within 150 miles!  About 2/3rds the coast of Cummins for me!

Manholt, I see the mobile guy has a San Antonio number. Is he in the Houston area? I have heard some mixed things about that Cat place on 610. Appreciate any help you can provide. Shame we don't have a really good Cat shop in a place as large as Houston. I have heard S.A. and DFW area has some good shops.

Why are you wanting to go to a Cat dealer? I would prefer taking it to the Freightliner dealer in Houston and having the complete chassis checked out. Would the Cat dealer check for air leaks, ride height, etc? 

Elkhartjim. I agree the entire chassis should get a once over but it is a Spartan chassis. I think it is a Spartan Liberty. There could be some issues with the chassis. I can contact Spartan and see who they recommend. I just haven't found any Certified Cat service centers that are eager to do RV work. I own this Fleetwood with my son Chad. Thanks,

Edited by Roadrunner2
Add statement

RR.

RV Mobile Service, Houston...don't have a phone #.  Should be on Internet.  Freightliner in Houston and South Plains Cummins are both very good.

I still have a house on Galveston, Island...spend most of my time in Texas now, in the Hill Country or Gregg County!