sweisburgh@embarqmail.com

Tire Preasure Monitors

Hi Stu,

Welcome to the FMCA forum. I have a Pressure Pro for the coach and toad. It was purchased in 2005 and works as advertised. I would make the same purchase again. TPMS is not rocket science. The technology is a commodity. The most important thing is for you to read all about the different brands and determine which you are most comfortable with. They all work. They may just work a little differently from each other. For me, I'd look very carefully at the claim of receiving a signal from the toad's tires. How do they do it? Remote antenna? How hard to install?

Guest 2driftrs

We have the TST setup for just the coach. It works well, but like most units, you have to take the monitor off the tire to add air. After we first installed the unit, one sensor went bad that TST replaced free with no questions asked.

Words of advice on installation - - be sure you have valve extenders that will locate the sensors on the outside of rims. Also, if your coach has wheel liners, you may need to do a little trimming or bending of the wheel liner to get the sensor to clear.

Our biggest complaint is that the sensors apparently "bleed" over time. We had one that read 10# lower after being installed for a month or so and it set off the alarm. We pulled the sensor and checked the tire pressure and it was up to spec. TST suggested teflon tape on the valve stems before you install the sensors.

Guest Wayne77590

If you are not worried about theft, super gorrilla glue the swivel part of the sensor so you can put it on and take it off by hand. TST (Dan) said it will not negate the warranty. It sure makes for easy install and removal.

I just got the Pressure Pro with 10 sensors for only $425.00 off e-bay from a seller using the name" rvbargainparts" I got the system in two days. It was really easy to setup and works well on a 40ft camper w/o the need for a 2nd antenna. Do a search in ebay for the seller and ask him if he has more. It really is a great price!

I ended up purchasing the Hopkins TPMS that comes with six senders. I ended up returning it after two senders were defective right out of the box. I moved them to different tires to confirm that the problem was the senders. I'll probably purchase a Pressure Pro system....or none. The total for a new Pressure Pro with six senders is about $475.