mweiner

Self Financed RV or Underwater With Traditional Loan?

Speaking of investments...my home has increased more than 500 percent since I purchased it more than 30 years ago.... this among other things allowed me to purchase an RV...RV's are very nice... however, they're depreciating assets...not at all like homes.... they're toys...

So, I would advise anyone not to ever think that an RV is a smart financial move..

Tax free Municipal Bond fund, such as, but not limited too...Levine, Eagle or Blackrock paid 6.25 % average per year, over the past 7 years.  That's equal to over 9% taxable, per year!  You don't need mega bucks to get a Mutual Fund...$50 a month from any brokerage, over time it builds in value and yield.  Now that's IMHO mathematics. that anyone can understand.

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Tax free Municipal Bond fund, such as, but not limited too...Levine, Eagle or Blackrock paid 6.25 % average per year, over the past 7 years.  That's equal to over 9% taxable, per year!  You don't need mega bucks to get a Mutual Fund...$50 a month from any brokerage, over time it builds in value and yield.  Now that's IMHO mathematics. that anyone can understand.

Good luck with that... estimated returns are never guaranteed..you know... And, $50 per month is not a lot of money..

Money invested in real estate..... especially in the right location is one of your best investments.....

A lot of people lost money in mutual funds.... See this quote.. below...

"Risks of mutual funds. Like most investments, mutual funds have risk — you could lose money on your investment. ... Usually, the higher the potential returns, the higher the risk will be. For example, stocks are generally riskier than bonds, so an equity."

And the "fees" can add up quickly....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiehopkins/2017/02/03/trump-signs-executive-order-shelving-fiduciary-standard-for-financial-advisors/#4d0ef1c25863

The fiduciary standard for professional financial planners has been rescinded...

Most people who don't know what they are doing will be taken for a ride....

Look how many people are scammed everyday... really sad....

OK,  a very good discussion.

BUT, no new facts in quite a while. 

Let's bring this one to a close, as this one appears to be headed for more "personal" comments vs financial comments.