cogriffins

3 week Trip Through Arizona

Question

Hi - We are hoping to do a 3-4 week trip through Arizona in February with our 36' Class A. 

We are particularly interested in the areas of Tucson, Lake Havasu City and Sedona.  We would like to do a mix of campgrounds and dispersed camping. 

We would love any recommendations for routes, camping spots and must sees.

Thank you,  Lu Ann and Chief

2 answers to this question

cogriffins,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Tell us where you are coming from so we can help with routes. Weather will certainly play a part in the "when/where" part of the equation in February-- especially in the northern/higher elevation destinations.

Lou Ann,

One place you should go would be Alamo lake. It is purportedly to be one of Arizona's best bass fishing lakes. It is in the middle of  a very interestin desert area north and east of Quartzsite on BLM lands...in other words free camping on the east end of the lake. If you have an ATV or similar miles of trails to explore. It is the watershed low point from I 40 on the north side to I 10 on the south side. It is fed by two rivers when flooding the Big Sandy and the Santa Maria. Gotta run have a great time I will get back to you in a PM upper right of you screen