Sign in to follow this  

We have a 2012 RS Adventurous ... I'm thinking about upgrading the standard gauges that are merely "estimates" even according to Roadtrek, the manufacturer..YES, I called them and they confirmed that the gauges were NOT accurate....

SO, I'm thinking of getting See Level gauges.. that ARE supposed to be ACCURATE...

Have any of you had experience with See Level gauges??

Please respond....

1 hour ago, MWeiner said:

Have any of you had experience with See Level gauges??

I have used Accurite brand, I think that Seelevel is just another brand name. This style uses capacitive coupling rather than the sensors inside the tank, making them much more accurate than the metal sensor inside the tank. Mine uses an aluminum foil strip affixed to the outside of the tank to gather its reading, very similar to Carl's method of checking the level of LP gas in a propane tank, except where liquid ends and air begins it uses an electronic measurement.

Sorry for a bit of misleading info above, after doing a lot more research on the Seelevel brand, it is not the same as my Accurite brand which does use capacitive coupling, the Seelevel brand uses a series of sensors on the outside of the tank which uses a little different approach than capacitive. The claim is that each measures density of the tank wall, thus letting the control board know where liquid ends and air begins for its "more accurate" reading.

I have had zero problems with my installed brand, but cannot attest to the accuracy of the other brand, but in theory, either system will be miles ahead of the old inside the tank system.

See Level is a Canadian company and yes their stuff is very good and accurate if you follow directions...just ask me how I know the last two words were the important ones.

3 hours ago, rsbilledwards said:

See Level is a Canadian company and yes their stuff is very good and accurate if you follow directions...just ask me how I know the last two words were the important ones.

Thanks...got it...."follow directions".....

I have three tanks, grey, black and fresh..plus, I need a gauge for the LPG...so, would the 709 work?? Don't really see the need for the "Bluetooth model"...

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/rv-shop/products/

Let me know which one you think might work better...

Mark, I did not look into the Bluetooth model, but if I were in the market, I would look into it. If it will send the readings to a smart phone, that would be a great feature for me.