astmi

24" Wiper Blades

I have to replace the wiper blades on my class A Holiday Rambler. Ideally, I would replace the rubber band only but can not find it anywhere (24 inches). 

All MH parts store, auto pats or truck center sell the whole wiper blade made of plastic material.

I would like to keep the metal blade mines are made of.

Any idea where I could find that ?

1 hour ago, astmi said:

I have to replace the wiper blades on my class A Holiday Rambler. Ideally, I would replace the rubber band only but can not find it anywhere (24 inches). 

All MH parts store, auto pats or truck center sell the whole wiper blade made of plastic material.

I would like to keep the metal blade mines are made of.

Any idea where I could find that ?

Without more information I would go to PPL.com. They have 24 in universal for $16.73 and heavy duty for  blades for as low as $26.29.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/search?query=24"+wiper+blades

Bill

Not sure how this works on a more modern coach than we have, but on ours it's really important to get the proper 'heavy duty' blades and/or refills if you want them to last more than a few months. There are regular duty blades out there that will fit your 24" wipers, but it's my experience that the regular duty blades just don't hold up to sun and wear. Wipers are not  that expensive, even for the heavy duty varieties. That being so, I try to opt for the option that is least likely to fail.

When you get caught in a heavy rain and your wipers aren't doing the job the money you saved buying cheap parts doesn't seam like as good of a deal.:rolleyes:

Bill

ReJex is excellent and fun to watch the bugs slide off..:rolleyes:

Rich, you need 3 steps and Herman 2, I like to have my feet on the ground! LOL

Also agree with Richard & W Bill.  I just had HD 32" wipers put on $75 pair, not cheap, but I like a clear vision in the rain, sleet and snow....all in Texas 2 weeks ago! :wacko:

We bought our  refills at O'Reillys ten years ago. Second time was at that camping store next to KOA in Nashville.

I believe it would be a lot more convenient, to change the wiper arm mounting system, for blades, to use the now ubiquitous J hook arrangement, but can never seem to find the parts and only passing mention of availabilty.

Ours is on the top so it takes a step ladder, fine for young folks but I don't relish doing it.

The simple fix is to install a "J " hook adapter from Amazon.

Bosch  3392390298 Wiper Blade Mounting Kit

Or Anco 4817 380""/9.5Mm Strt End Conct - 17"

Bill

On 1/7/2018 at 9:43 PM, WILDEBILL308 said:

The simple fix is to install a "J " hook adapter from Amazon.

Bosch  3392390298 Wiper Blade Mounting Kit

Or Anco 4817 380""/9.5Mm Strt End Conct - 17"

Bill

Super: Thanks  :)

TT.

Mine are also mounted on top, I was wondering about the make and model of your coach, I have an ongoing issue with my wipers not clearing the water from middle of blade down, it leaves a long triangle about 8 inches on top to a point on bottom.  I'm beginning to wonder if the J hook configuration is not putting enough pressure on the center portion of my 32 inch blade?!

Mine is a 2010 American Coach, Tradition. 

14 hours ago, manholt said:

TT.

Mine are also mounted on top, I was wondering about the make and model of your coach, I have an ongoing issue with my wipers not clearing the water from middle of blade down, it leaves a long triangle about 8 inches on top to a point on bottom.  I'm beginning to wonder if the J hook configuration is not putting enough pressure on the center portion of my 32 inch blade?!

Mine is a 2010 American Coach, Tradition. 

I doubt it is the J hooks. It could be the spring tension in the arms or the wiper blades. You might try a different brand of blade or even a 28" blade it will only be 2" shorter on each end.

Bill