Sign in to follow this  
akadeadeye

Mega Trip - Boerne, TX to Banff

Question

I figure this trip will take at least 2 1/2 to 3 months since there are a lot of places to see along the way.  Return route is unplanned as of now but may include Pacific Highway through Oregon and California,  could shorten it through Idaho, Utah, etc.

Any suggestions on "must sees", "avoid at all costs", etc. are appreciated.  Of course, we plan to see Calgary, Lake Louise, and ?? in Alberta.  Suggested routes west from there are also appreciated if you have experience with them.  We plan on leaving late May and figure it could take a month to get there, with other stops.

Don

5 answers to this question

On this same post under December 30, you'll find Banff to Vancouver,  Canada.  Tom Butler responded with his normal knowledge and aplomb!  You can also get him by Personal Mail....our local Guru on most any trip!

3 hours ago, manholt said:

On this same post under December 30, you'll find Banff to Vancouver,  Canada.  Tom Butler responded with his normal knowledge and aplomb!  You can also get him by Personal Mail....our local Guru on most any trip!

Manholt

I cannot find the post you are referring me to. Perhaps you can be more specific. 

Don

16 hours ago, manholt said:

Click on Destination/Attractions and scroll down to Banff- Vancouver.

I guess the reason I didn't find it the first time is because the subject of the post was Glacier NP to Vancouver, instead of Banff.  Thanks for the notation.  I will add Tom's comments to my collection.

Don

Contact Tom, a ton of experience with every corner of the US.

Don.  Are you a member of River City Travelers?