gobernatz

Palazzo Serpentine Belt Replacement

I need to replace my serpentine belt on my 2013 Palazzo with Cummins B6.7 engine.  Has anyone done this.  It looks like the radiator needs to be removed to gain access to the engine.  Any ideas?

gobernatz,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

While coach information IS important (particularly in terms of access to the engine room from ABOVE (bedroom/closet) chassis information is also important.

Would seriously doubt that you would have to remove the radiator AND  CHARGE AIR COOLER to replace the belt.

Thanks for the help.  Looking from under the coach it looks like the fan shroud does not leave enough room to get the belt around the fan.  I've also set a help request into Thor, but no response as of yet.

Again, your chassis maker speced and installed the belt, pulleys, fan and fan shroud.

I would be VERY surprised if the belt could not be worked off the fan and in the gap between fan and shroud.

With chassis information, others may have already done this job.

I would agree, but before I started I thought like you said maybe someone has done this or had it done.  Thanks again.

My 2013 THOR Palazzo is on a Freightliner chassis.

On 1/17/2018 at 11:43 AM, gobernatz said:

I would agree, but before I started I thought like you said maybe someone has done this or had it done.  Thanks again.

My 2013 THOR Palazzo is on a Freightliner chassis.

Take the Tension off the belt by using the proper tool to release the auto tensioner.  Work the belt off over the fan 1 or 2 fan blades at a time - this will allow you to work the belt out between the fan and the CAC  and the shroud  around the radiator and CAC  . Reverse the process to replace the serpentine belt.

You might need to remove the AC drive belt if your coach has a separate belt for the AC compressor. Unlikely though. The serpentine belt is usually the farthest from the engine.

Rich.    

If I can see it correctly you will be laying on your stomach and working through the hole in the closet floor. That is if you have a bedroom slide. Put lot of protection on the floor, the bed and remove all and I mean all of the clothes. I would have one or more old blankets folded to lay on. I had to change the belts on our first coach (gas). My wife said I finally got to use   my superior Touchy Feely technique. Most of the job will done by Braille. You just can't see a lot down there. 

Don't get me wrong, it can be done, just be patient and take your time.

Good luck,

Herman