kurtden

Monaco/Roadmaster Coolant Surge Bottle Cap

I have 2002 Monaco Windsor with the original style plastic surge bottle. I would like to know if anyone has a part number for the surge bottle radiator cap. The factory cap is 10 psi and no marking on it except 10 Psi. I have tried a couple auto parts stores and they can't seem to match it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, KURTDEN said:

I have 2002 Monaco Windsor with the original style plastic surge bottle. I would like to know if anyone has a part number for the surge bottle radiator cap. The factory cap is 10 psi and no marking on it except 10 Psi. I have tried a couple auto parts stores and they can't seem to match it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try this link for some info .

http://www.veurinksrv.com/monaco-factory-direct-part/

Rich.

Thank you, I have tried Veurinks they only have the 16 psi cap online think I will give them a call. I bought the new nylon surge tank from them awhile back. 

That cap doesn't look like mine but I think it is the replacement. Everything I read leads me back to the Stant 10237. I found some new old stock on Ebay with the same part number and it did look like mine. I just ordered one from Rock Auto for 5.39 including shipping so I will find out Tuesday. Thanks for the help.

Kurt.  Call Monaco Tech Dept.  They probably have your cap!  Yes, they went South pre 08, but the parts are still available. 

Kurt, that is the cap I have on ours. Since I am not the original owner I have no idea what the factory cap looked like. That is also the same cap that came on the Source engineering tank in the photo below.

IMG_2584.JPG

I still have the original cap on our Windsor.  Will take a pic of it later and post in this thread.

Joe......I like that Source Engineering overflow tank.  Did you install it?  I'm fixing to weld up an overflow tank to replace the "bulging" tank on our coach.  Planning to install a sight glass too.

Blake

Blake, I put it in two years ago. We had the factory "updated" one it was junk also. Had a bunch of small cracks in it. My favorite ...when it would get hot after a long run the fittings on top and the coolant temp sensor would come loose :o

The tank wasn't cheap but I feel better knowing it's there.

Thanks Joe.  We're battling the bulge with our tank. So, I thought I'd make one out of stainless or aluminum to fit existing brackets.

Blake

Wonder why we are getting doubles again?

Joe, I must be missing something...all I see is the fluid glass, not the cap.

Joe, I have the same problem with mine, leaks from the coolant sensor and the small fittings on top when it gets hot. Does anyone know of a fix other than replacing the tank. My original tank lasted 14 years and 100,000 miles with no trouble. The new one leaked from day one. Blake, I would like to see what your cap looks like. Thanks for the help.

Kurt,

Below are pictures of our radiator cap.  This is a Stant cap 10237 Note the "S" on the top of the cap.  Walmart, O'Reilly's Auto Zone usually stocks these for about $5.

Sheesh.....just noticed a leak at the bottom of our tank at the hose nipple.

Blake

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

Thanks Blake, That's the one I just ordered from Rock Auto. Do you still have the original tank?  With any luck your leak is just the hose clamp, good luck with it. Thanks again for the pic.

You're welcome Kurt.  Yes, we still have the original tank but it is on it's last legs.  The tank is getting brittle - I'm sure of because of engine heat - and I have some seeping at the plastic casting plugs.

I'm putting together the parts list now to build my own.  Either from stainless or aluminum.  Planning on changing the filler neck so it's more readily accessible.

Will start a new thread once I get started.

Blake

Blake,  the gremlin police, fix things as soon as I make a comment about it.. :P

Does that tell all of you something? :rolleyes:

Lol, I just noticed my photo chopped off the cap :lol:, anyway I have the same cap as Blake. 

Kurt, our old tank always leaked from those fittings, especially the top two. the last attempt I used permatex gasket maker on the threads, that lasted an entire season, the following year I noticed the small cracks and ordered the one in the photo. 

Here we go again...:blink: With a little luck, Brett will pick on Blake for a change! :P

Joe, I was trying to tell you, you was missing part of the tank.  Speaking of caps, mine and Linda's is almost impossible to get off...what's the secret?  We can turn them and they get loose, but they wile not come of !:blink: