Sign in to follow this  
jim@busbyandco.com

Switching out analog TV

We own a 2004 Safari Zanzibar 40-foot diesel pusher. As with all coaches of this age we have analog televisions in the front and in the bedroom. I am considering switching to HD (flat 1080). How difficult is this to do and can it be done by a reasonably adept handyman? Also has anyone updated to a Front Projector System. My present configuration is the normal mounting, high between driver and passenger. If I go with the Front Pojector I plan on placing the Projector wher the TV is now located. I appreciate your comments and help.

Trader Buzz,

I'm going to refer you to my posting from almost a year ago. I briefly thought about projection TV but it really wouldn't work for us. I replaced the old 24 inch analog TV with a 32 inch flat screen. Wow! What an improvement. Then I traded in the old analog DTV box for a digital and that completed the conversion. I did the same with the rear TV, routed a second feed from the new KVH dish we purchased (not HD capable) to the bedroom TV which was a 26" LCD replacing a 20" analog TV. Now we can watch two different channels. We're very happy with the results.

Hi Traderbuzz,

Welcome to the FMCA forum. All the components are available for you to make the switch to HD TV. Depending on your coach, the most difficult part of the change may be running the new HD cables from the TV(s) to the receiver(s) to the Satellite dish. Because all of the components are readily available, nothing abut the change is rocket science. There are no tasks that can not be completed by someone who is tool handy and physically able (and flexible) to do the work.