Sign in to follow this  
wdhm04

97 HR Endeavor LE DP Entry Door Alignment

Entry door hard to open and close seems to be misaligned anyone else have this happen and how did you fix?

When you say the door "seems to be misaligned" can you see where the door is dragging or contacting the frame?

Or, is the door handle just hard to open (common).  If such is the case a few squirts of lubricant should work.

Blake

Another thing to check is the door hinges.  Our entry door is anchored to a single swing arm at the top.  When wracked by a gusty wind, the hinges will bend.  I didn't know why our door was difficult to operate until the door was caught by a very strong gust that visibly bent the upper hinge.  The door would barely close.  After removing the door and straightening the hinge, the door worked better than it had in years.  Now I'm very protective of the door in gusty winds.  I went on to replace the original hinge with a new one.  You can call Monaco Customer Service at the phone number in your owners manual, 877-466-6226, to get the replacement hinge.  Then again, we're talking a 97 HR, maybe Monaco might be able to help or you might have to go to the RV salvage yards to find a replacement.