jimfitz

Mail Forwarding Service

Which mail forwarding service is recommended by FMCA.  It was Dakota Post.  Any reason why they went away from Dakota Post, and what the advantages of the new service are?  Thanks.

Not sure why FMCA went away from Dakota Post. I have been with them since they bought Alternative Resources and have had zero problems with service. It is a PITA to change services if you are a full timer so I'll stay with Dakota Post for the immediate future

Morning Folks,

The Board decided back in October to make a switch to Your Best Address as FMCA's preferred mail forwarder.  We collected proposals from several different companies and ultimately felt Your Best Address offered the best plans and services for our members.  

I can assure you, as some of them use a mail forwarding service themselves,  the Board understands the tedious process involved in switching providers and did not take the decision lightly.  Dakota Post is a fine company and as you mentioned you are under no obligation to switch.  And to my knowledge, they have not raised rates for FMCA members as some feared, which is obviously a good thing.

If you would like to learn more about Your Best Address you can visit here site.fmca.com/fmca-mail-forwarding or call the Membership Department at 800-543-3622.

Sincerely,

Dan Ball,

Director of Membership & Marketing

Dan.

I don't use mail forwarding, I also know that we moved, this is the first time that I have a name for the new service!  I have been asked by the chapter that I represent as to why and whom?  Now I can and all other ND's, can give information to our members. 

Wish we could have info as it's happening.

Thank You.

We signed up with Your Best Address through FMCA a year ago. We have now bought a house and do not need their services any longer. It took 5 phone calls and a e-mail to the owner to cancel out account with them. We had a credit balance on our account and we are now having problems getting a refund. They have told us twice that “the check will be in the mail” on Tuesday. That was over 2 weeks ago. I guess it’s time for another email to the owner. 

Good Afternoon Kking5001,

I have forwarded your message to the owner of Your Best Address in the hopes of a response and assured him that this is not the type of "buzz" he wants circulating about his business.

Sincerely,

Dan Ball,

Director of Membership & Marketing

I attempted to contact Your Best Address, on Nov. 4, 2019.  via email and telephone about their services as I am in the market for a mail forwarding service.  I have yet to receive a response to my email or voice message.  I am looking at other providers at this point.  Sorry. 

Ok - hopefully this will get out to those that actually know and will be able to provide a solid answer.

We just recently were speaking to a couple that are FMCA members and they were telling us about their mail forwarding service. I see that FMCA advertises a service that shows a South Dakota address, but they were saying theirs was located in Crescent City, FL.  Is there anyone that can shed light on this, as we have left the rally were we met this couple and now have no way of re-connecting.

WVCHOZON,

Welcome to the Forum. I am assuming from your post that you are not a member of FMCA, we would love to have you join. Also that you are full timers and in search of a Mail Forwarding Service. Send an email to Dan Ball, Dan is the Director of Membership & Marketing for FMCA, he will be more than happy to tell you about the service.

dball@fmca.com 

Not being a full timer, I can't be of much help with this but Dan will be very helpful.

Would you like for me to send you an application to join FMCA? You may also go to FMCA.COM and click on Membership to find an Application.

Herman 

Hi WEVCHOZEN,

FMCA's preferred mail forwarding service provider, Your Best Address, is located in Sioux Falls, SD.  There are a number of providers throughout the country with South Dakota, Florida, and Texas being the most prevalent.  A quick Google search didn't yield any results for Crescent Springs, FL, but I do see that Passport America is located in Crestview, FL.  Could that be who the members were referring to?  I do know that Passport America does offer mail forward service.

On 1/24/2020 at 11:48 AM, dball said:

FMCA's preferred mail forwarding service provider, Your Best Address, is located in Sioux Falls, SD. 

We've been using Your Best Address for the past two years since our previous service, MyDakotaAddress, went out of business rather suddenly.  The folks at YBA were great in helping us through that mess and their service has continued to be excellent since then.  I especially like the "Virtual Mail Service" which allows me to view my (rather few) pieces of mail and decide how to disposition them all without having to speak to anyone. My requests for scanning, forwarding and disposal have always been handled promptly.  

Joel (AKA docj)